xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help, Failed Duo X 2 1.6 Install  (Read 267 times)

HackDaBox

• Archived User
Help, Failed Duo X 2 1.6 Install
« on: January 11, 2005, 03:27:00 AM »

take it to a pro maybe they can get this baby running again , you need to take the chip out and get the box booting again. You have done damage whilst soldering the points ! sorry this doesn't help much but i dont think you should do anymore to this board !

HackDaBox !

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005, 07:28:00 AM »

Don't try and do the other box will you.
It sounds like you pretty much know what your problem is, You can't solder and have knackered the mobo trying to learn.
This may still be fixable but unfortunately not by you, If you did the damage you listed doing the install then the repair is harder. Take it to someone to fix and get them to chip your mates box at the same time.

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2005, 09:58:00 AM »

The problem is  or should I say are ther box will not boot even without the chip if you damaged the Lframe point badly (you have) It will not boot if you have damaged certain LPC connections as these are through connections and are linked to other areas. You can't just burn of the bottom LPC points and expect the top ones to work as they are connected through the board and need to be for correct operation.
To get the box to work you need to repair the damage even if the chip is not to be fitted yet.

ModdingManiac

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2005, 10:32:00 AM »

I think your 1st mistake was trying to learn how to solder on an Xbox motherboard, you should have practiced on an old circuit board 1st. Your best bet now is to take it to someone with some expereince with trace repairing.