xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Customizing The Bios  (Read 311 times)

tihspeed

• Archived User
Customizing The Bios
« on: March 06, 2006, 09:18:00 PM »

I don't believe there is a tool to modify the x-chip bios.  If you really want to modify your colors just switch to M8 bios.  Use evtool to modify M8.  I spent the better part of a half an hour trying to find a bios editing tool for the X-chip bios and came up empty handed.  If you do find a way keep us updated

mitchell2345

• Archived User
Customizing The Bios
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 09:34:00 PM »

so i can load a M8 Bios on my X-chip?  Do i loose any features?

tihspeed

• Archived User
Customizing The Bios
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 05:19:00 PM »

Would I be correct in assuming you only loaded one bio file to your x-chip?  If you did just go to the usual places download the M8 bios(use the correct version for your xbox) and throw them in one of the other three spots on your chip.  This will give you the chance to try out other bios without removing what you know already works.  You would simply hold down the corosponding button on your controler to load the other bios files.  If you edit your m8 bios with a bios editor make sure you put in the correct path for your dashboard to load(in evtool).

As far as features.... what features.  Fan speed, led colors?  I have two dashboards I love.  Evox and Unleash.  Evox is pretty basic and has little or no customizeable options but of all the dashboards this is the most reliable.  Unleash on the other hand has tons of stuff.  Led colors, fan speeds, screen savers, motion desktops.  If your looking for features.  I'd just use Unleash.  It will do all your looking for and alot more.  M8 can be configured to boot to any dashboard of your choice.  You have to edit your bios path to ensure you get the correct file(dashboard) to boot.  If you need help feel free to look me up on msn messenger.  My computer is always on.

mitchell2345

• Archived User
Customizing The Bios
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 06:52:00 PM »

thanks, tihspeed.  i wasnt sure if I could put other bios's on the x-chip or not.  I dont really understand that if you can just put the M8 bios on the chip and it works fine.  what is the purpose of the official x-chip bios on xbins?  

Thanks,
Mitchell

tihspeed

• Archived User
Customizing The Bios
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 11:12:00 PM »

Official... thats exactly what it is.. the official Xchip bios.  The bios have the easiest configuration for the xchip, thats all.  That dosn't mean its the one and only bios that will work for the xchip.  As far as why did they make them... I'm kinda glad they made official xchip bios.  I like to have choices.