xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Is The X-lite And 1.6 Adaptor Not A Good Solution?  (Read 495 times)

tihspeed

• Archived User
Is The X-lite And 1.6 Adaptor Not A Good Solution?
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2006, 04:14:00 PM »

I forgot to add X,Y and Z arn't drives.... those are cache folders...  you can use those as places to store information you would like to use, but know that as soon as the xbox needs physical space for cacheing it will delete other things in those folders.

martintxo

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2006, 04:22:00 PM »

ok thank you kind sir. by the way, the drives appeared again on fxp, so that seems to be alright. I think I will be getting a different emulator, however. As for everythiing else, I can't keep my hands of the xbox. I never play games, I am always with the xbmc. In fact, at some point I think I will do away with the evox dash, but I will wait a bit longer for that. For the moment I have spent the last few hours playing around with icons and such for movies and music, and trying to figure out if I can have a thumbnail for games not on my hdd (since it of course is a stock one) so I can see them through xbmc, but that will get done at some point. One thing I did try was to format my f drive, which didn't do anything. The problem is that I have no way of knowing what my hdd is, since if I open my xbox, my "guarantee" provided by the people who installed my chip will be invalid. But I am guessing it is not seagate since the f drive still appears to be empty. Either way, thanks again for all the help!

tihspeed

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2006, 04:38:00 PM »

The reason you cant format your Hdd to unlock those two extra Gb's is because your hard drive is locked.  You have to unlock with a auto installer(slayers) and then format the F drive.  If at this time you don't see the extra space I would say you don't have a seagate.  Don't forget to re-lock the Hdd when done.  You can determin if the xbox is locked... if you can boot to the ms bios and origional dash your Hdd is locked.   There is places on this forum where you can determin what Hdd you have based loosly on what version of xbox you have.

You don't have to loose evox to have another dash.  In fact I would say always keep it. All my xbox's have four dashes.  It uses very little Hdd space and evox is really the most reliable dash to have.  If you chip has multiple bios banks, like the xchip, just leave it in another bank... so if you need it... you've got it.
Pages: 1 [2]