xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Bye Everyone.. I Guesse Im Going To Jail..  (Read 1047 times)

moistness

• Archived User
Bye Everyone.. I Guesse Im Going To Jail..
« Reply #105 on: November 04, 2003, 11:21:00 AM »

QUOTE (lordvader129 @ Nov 4 2003, 09:17 PM)
QUOTE (chefelf @ Nov 4 2003, 02:36 PM)
Feds aren't going to waste the time persecuting you either.

sorry, its sort of a pet peeve of mine, that should be "prosecuting"

surely that would depend on his intended meaning?

rzyzzy

• Archived User
« Reply #106 on: November 04, 2003, 11:21:00 AM »

The important thing to remember here, even though *luckily* it worked out right is that the cops *lied* to this young man about the evidence they had and tried to *coerce* him into confessing.  If he had "cooperated", and admitted to stealing ( as they were trying to intimidate and coerce him to do), the case would have been over, he'd be on his way to jail, and the *real* thief would never have been caught.  Meanwhile the police ( who lied to and coerced this young man) would be patting themselves on the back for a "job well done".  

This is a huge problem in america today, it is perfectly acceptable ( according to the supreme court)  for the police to lie to suspects about the evidence they have, ( they can say they have witnesses, fingerprints, etc) , and it's also ok for a prosecutor to threaten to make charges they won't make ( I.E., the piracy charge), in order to coerce a confession ( for example, we'll charge you with this *huge* crime if you don't confess to the little one that we can't prove).  This is 100% UNACCEPTABLE in my opinion, HONEST people don't expect the cops and the prosecutors to LIE, and two wrongs never make a right, no matter what the supreme court says.  

The lesson here is *VOTE* when you can, never forget what happened to you ( or for those reading this, never forget what happened to this young man) - and when you're eventually called to serve on a jury, remember that cops *can* and *do* lie, when it's convenient for them to, and that not everything the prosecuter says is gospel.    You have a DUTY as an american citizen ( assuming you are one) to correct wrongs like this when you see them,  and to speak publicly when it happens.   This is not an unusual case, cops do this crap to your fellow americans all the time, all over the country, and until *THE PEOPLE* stand up and say it's wrong, it will continue.    I for one, am *eagerly* awaiting my chance to serve on a jury.   I for one trust "criminals" alot more than cops, the "criminals" don't have an agenda to push, or a "conviction rate" to uphold.

chefelf

• Archived User
« Reply #107 on: November 04, 2003, 11:27:00 AM »

QUOTE (lordvader129 @ Nov 4 2003, 03:17 PM)
QUOTE (chefelf @ Nov 4 2003, 02:36 PM)
Feds aren't going to waste the time persecuting you either.

sorry, its sort of a pet peeve of mine, that should be "prosecuting"

Ha ha ha.  I did mean to use persecuting in that case not prosecuting.  I do know the difference and I suppose either word could really be used.  wink.gif

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #108 on: November 04, 2003, 11:43:00 AM »

yeah, for some courts either or, lol, but i was reasonably sure you meant prosecuting

rzyzzy's post reminds me of the time my friend fell asleep at the wheel and flipped his car (i wasnt with him, but another friend of mine was), the first thing the cops did was separate the driver and passenger, and proceed to INTERROGATE them, and i mean full on good cop bad cop shit, they asked if they were drinking (which they werent) and said "hey, your friend already told us you guys were drunk, so its ok fro you to admit it now" which of course was a lie cuz neither were had had anything to drink....oh yeah, through the whole think the driver had a huge gash on his head and the passenger had a concussion, but medical treatment couldnt stand in the way of the cops getting a confession for a crime that was never committed (DWI)

SlayerSabbath

• Archived User
« Reply #109 on: November 05, 2003, 03:16:00 PM »

I feel like I just read shakespeare, it was incredibly long, full of bs and every word sounded foreign or was spelt wrong.

heinrich

• Archived User
« Reply #110 on: November 05, 2003, 06:15:00 PM »

QUOTE (palis @ Nov 5 2003, 04:17 PM)
QUOTE (RobwDav @ Oct 11 2003, 04:35 AM)

When they start suin' 12yr old girls for stockpilin Nsync Mp3s, is when I'll believe one bullet Barney locked you up for Fn M$.......................................wait unsure.gif

well start believing here ya go enjoy

http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/7926
http://www.cnn.com/2...wap.settlement/

ya, he was using what is called "sarcasm"
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]