xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox 1.6 Xbox Install Problem  (Read 54 times)

cravavar3

• Archived User
Xbox 1.6 Xbox Install Problem
« on: August 12, 2004, 12:35:00 PM »

Are you using the posted 5V wire in diagram ( red one )? If so you woudl be supplying 5V through the secoond pin to another 5V not good.

maltheo

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2004, 04:42:00 PM »

Yes I am using the Red wire in the digram to supply 5v.
on the top of the motherboard, I have a wire to connect the d0 point to the xchip. this is also what i see in the diagram. on the underside of the diagram, i have the same 4 wires connected on the bottom. the only wires that are connected are the same as the easybuy2000 1.6 manual.
i hope this helps. I am not sure where the second5v would be coming from.

Thanks again for any help

cravavr3

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2004, 06:15:00 PM »

Do you have both pins removed from header as eb2k method?

If you only have 1 pin remove ( pin #4 ) pin #6 on lpc port supplies 5V's as well and that is why they have 2nd pin removed.

Also, note there D0 wire length is 4 inches or less

maltheo

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2004, 06:28:00 PM »

I have both pins removed.
The first time i tried was before the eb2k guide came out and i used the Xenium guide to rework the lpc port. At that time i did not have the 5v wire on top but i only hadone pin removed. I had the same problem i do now.
Now i have the 5v wire on top and the extra pin removed. I did not ever have both the extra pin and 5v wire connected so i don't think i did any damage.
However i wonder if in using the Xenium guide and having the extra pin in there i did damage to something??
Thanks again for all your help. I really feel i have done everthing right and i know what i am doing(apperantly not though). its just not working and i hope someone can shed new light on the situtation or provide something i did not know or did not try. thanks again for any help. i really appreciate it.

Does anyone know if you have to load the raw full16 file to make the xchip work with xbox 1.6??

maltheo

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2004, 06:29:00 PM »

Also the d0 wire is less than 4 inches long.

cravavr3

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2004, 08:05:00 PM »

The extra pin that was there before was old methods of install and cause power to be always on X-Chip or any other modchips.  No damage can occur from using it.

Have you tried loading evox 1.0 for 1.6's????  Also you may want to scrap the D0( actual LFRAME ) on xbox and verify connection.  

Also verify your XCHIP is pushed all way down and secure and you wire to proper D0 and + 5V ontop of X-Chip.

Also, have you tried with X-Chip out and see if xbox works??????????

I did a install on a 1.6 this monring using the guide and up and running, used Evox 1.0 for 16 ( full16.bin ) file.   Only think is I can point out is make sure D0 is only touching the one spot , real tight there and someon coudl actually solder more then 1 spot and not know if they are not good solderer.

cravavr3

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2004, 08:10:00 PM »

If you can post your bottom install of 4 points I can look at images.