xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help Xbit Frag  (Read 191 times)

kickasspunkz

• Archived User
Help Xbit Frag
« on: July 12, 2005, 04:10:00 PM »

i am trying to instal a xbit v1.5 and it just keeps fragging. no video no sound. what could be wrong. please help. thank you

Nunim

• Archived User
Help Xbit Frag
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005, 05:12:00 PM »

Did you flash it with a bios you know that it works?  Are the dip switches set correctly?  Is the D0 point making good contact?

dtrainv2

• Archived User
Help Xbit Frag
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 08:35:00 AM »

Mine is doing the same thing...problem is, it's even doing it when I remove the mod chip....

Silentscream__

• Archived User
Help Xbit Frag
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 02:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(dtrainv2 @ Jul 14 2005, 03:39 PM)
Mine is doing the same thing...problem is, it's even doing it when I remove the mod chip....

If you are getting a frag when the chip is removed then you have damaged the motherboard - likely the d0 point or track.

Aimless

• Archived User
Help Xbit Frag
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2005, 11:04:00 AM »

I have a similar problem.... cept my box doesnt even turn on....this is on a 1.6 with the 1.6 adapter and the orange wire soldered to the transistor near the female AV connector....thing is...it boots SOMETIMES....like... (following is yet to be confirmed) when I unplug the hdd and dvd and xbit and leave it for a bit, then plug in the power, it'll boot once...
then...I try to connect things and its gone again...I can post a picture of the mod I'm just not sure why it's randomly fraggin like this...

Aimless

• Archived User
Help Xbit Frag
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2005, 11:20:00 AM »

Here's the picture of the solder job....that's how I did it.....maybe it's wrong? maybe the orange wire is leaking power? or ...am I talking nonsense?  :unsure:

(IMG:http://www.iomar.com/xbitmod.jpg)

Edit: Later if problem isn't resolved I'll check the PSU with a multimeter....maybe something blew....I cant see anything wrong with it by eye.....fuse has to be okay since it boots on rare occasion....

This post has been edited by Aimless: Jul 17 2005, 06:23 PM

Silentscream__

• Archived User
Help Xbit Frag
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2005, 01:38:00 PM »

Did you do the LPC rebuild?

Aimless

• Archived User
Help Xbit Frag
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2005, 01:54:00 PM »

:blink:  ...no ...I'll try that...although im not sure that's going to help much with the lack of boot-age from the box...I'll do that now though, and get back to you...hmm...I wasn't sure if I had to do the LPC rebuild as well as use the adapter.... :unsure:

Aimless

• Archived User
Help Xbit Frag
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2005, 02:06:00 PM »

Another thing, I tried to see if the transistor on the board that regulates the power couldve been the problem, but it gets a good 3.31V on standby mode and it started up again when no power cables to the dvd and hdd were plugged in and I left the box unplugged for a few minutes...I think something is sucking too much power.....and causes some sort of flaw in the circuitry to come out? again....going on a limb here....just making random guesses

Aimless

• Archived User
Help Xbit Frag
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2005, 03:36:00 PM »

LPC Rebuild, although crucial, still didn't help my problem...I watched the voltage from the collector of the transistor from when it had voltage and as soon as the power button is pressed it drops to 0 and stays that way unless I unplug the power cord and leave it for a while....I'll try to find where the voltage actually stays even after the power loss....more later...again...any help..any suggestions would really rock  :D

Aimless

• Archived User
Help Xbit Frag
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2005, 03:45:00 PM »

...okay..now im pretty sure its the PSU fragging on me...I tried booting the box with just the chip and no dvd or hdd plugged in, ata cable and power cables detached, and it worked....I just get the 07 error code since theres no hdd to find a dash heheh.....now to find the psu problem...apologies for the number of posts btw, the edit post button seems to have been removed   :uhh:

Edit: ...nvm...its back now...anywho...umm If my findings are correct then this whole thing was caused by what seemed to be some sort of brown substance resmbling a small log (haha) maybe chocolate or something and it was caked against the contacts of three resistors behind the AV connecter which I tihnk are related to this issue....now to try if everything works plugged in...

This post has been edited by Aimless: Jul 17 2005, 10:51 PM

Aimless

• Archived User
Help Xbit Frag
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2005, 04:10:00 PM »

one more question....this may sound silly..but....is it possible that somewhere there is too much power being drawn with all the power cables pluged in that it surges somewhere on the psu or mobo to a transistor and ends up cutting the power? I know that transistors regulate current with a specific voltage switch mechanism but...is it possible that something like a short somewher is causing a transistor to malfunction and turn off the xbox? (the only reason I thought this was because while the xbox was on and I was checking transistors I accidentally touched the cut middle prong of one with one of the live ones and it just shut the xbox off suddenly...it booted up fine though right after..) just a thought....I really want to get this fixed soon :(