xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: I Am No Longer An Xbit Fan!  (Read 294 times)

dopelogic

• Archived User
I Am No Longer An Xbit Fan!
« on: June 23, 2005, 10:34:00 PM »

ok all here is my problem. about 6 months ago i did an xbox for a friend, 1.2mobo, xbit 1.5, xecuter 4983.67, 160 gig hdd. well all was fine untill a couple of days ago. he said that he was removing a couple of movies he had stored on his box and it rebooted. now the only thing is it gets stuck in a reboot cycle. if the chip is disabled sometimes it goes to the MS dash other times the flubber doesent even come up. If the chip is enabled it goes through the flubber and says "executer" but then immidiately reboots. if an evox boot disc is installed it boots to the disc no prob.  My first impression was that he may have accidentally deleted his evox and msdash files. so i stuck in an evox disc and ftp'ed over and replaced all the files. this did absoutly nothing to help me. i think the problem lies with the chip. Im a loyal executer fan and only used the xbit becuase i got it for cheap (now i know why). anyway if anyone has any suggestions let me know. thanks,

zal91

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2005, 04:10:00 PM »

Get new bios

brent182

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2005, 05:28:00 PM »

ya try X2  bios

Dra60nSlayer

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2005, 08:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(dopelogic @ Jun 24 2005, 06:09 AM)
if the chip is disabled sometimes it goes to the MS dash other times the flubber doesent even come up.

If the xbox wont start without a chip and that doesnt work, you cant blame the chip...
there are som other problem with the xbox itself. try changing HDD.
(put in original drive)