xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Xbit 1.5 W/adapter In 1.6b Xbox  (Read 1069 times)

purus

• Archived User
Xbit 1.5 W/adapter In 1.6b Xbox
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2005, 06:26:00 PM »

Quick question on this rightous post...

Does the D0 point need to be soldered as well as the LPC points?  From all of the research that I have preformed in the forums, I have found this post to be the most informative.  I just have not come across any information about soldering the D0 point from a v1.5 xbit to a V1.6 Xbox.  Does this need to be preformed?

Thephost

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2005, 06:54:00 PM »

I just want to clarify what you are asking...

You want to know if you need to run a wire from the XBIT 1.5 D0/LFRAME Pogo pin to the D0/LFRAME point on the mother board, correct?

If you rebuild your LPC port and use the adapter then, NO! you won't have to connect any more wires to you XBIT.

The D0/LFRAME wire, as well as everything else, is connected through the wire loom connecting the chip, adapter, and XBOX motherboard together.

Just solder in the adapter pigtails, perform the LPC rebuild, and connect everything up and you should be good.

TFP

kdeyo

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2005, 08:01:00 PM »

Once I received the 1.5 XBIT I soldered it to the motherboard without cutting the red wire and attaching it to the orange wire so the chip is powered by the DVD-rom. Now, I took out the orange wire from the port on the motherboard, attached it to the red wire from the dvd-rom power adapter that came with the chip. Question is, if there is solder left in the hole of the port where the orange wire was originally installed, can this cause a problem? I can't figure out a way to remove it, so I wondered if it would cause a frag in the xbox.

Thephost

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2005, 08:06:00 PM »

No solder in the holes won't cause any probelms. Just make sure that there isn't any solder bridging holes together.

Is your box FRAGing?

thecagey01

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2005, 01:40:00 PM »

ThePhost, I looked at your XBox Mod. Very clean and well thought out. I have one question. You have pictures posted from your install...your green and brown wire are the opposite of your adapter diagram. Which way does it actually go. I have mine like your picture, not your diagram. I checked your pictures several times and they are opposite. Mine just boots with the ms-dash. I flashed the bios with M8_plus.bin in bank 4 and my dip switches are on-on-off-off. In the 4th bank there are 2-256K sections. The 4th (on the top) will not work. The bios wont verify, so I used the 3rd (second from the top). It verifies and still boots with the ms-dash. I tested all my connections with a tester, everything checks out. There is no bridging either. Any ideas?

radboyjm

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2005, 01:51:00 PM »

Do you see the Evox logo in the upper left of the screen during bootup of the box?  If yes then all is good and now all you need is a dashboard.

thecagey01

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2005, 03:58:00 PM »

no, I have been working on this thing for a week. The green and brown wire thing has me a little concerned. It has to be that. I hook it up like the dms diagram and it boots w/ms-dash, if I hhok it up with the wires switched, it frags unless I flip dip switch #4 to on. Then it just boots with the ms-dash. When it frags, it frags like there is a hardware issue. It turns on then off then on then blinks red and green. I am driving myself crazy. My bios could be bad, anybody have one they know works?

radboyjm

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2005, 04:04:00 PM »

The bank setting should have nothing to do with it.  I use bank 5 i think and got the bios from the "usual places".  Are you sure you have an XBIT 1.5.  I originally purchased a 1.5 and received a 1.0 and it will not work with the 1.6 adapter.

thecagey01

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2005, 04:18:00 PM »

Yes its a 1.5. the dip switch thing is wierd. I have it set to bank four. on-on-off-off, but it frags. when I set it to on-on-off-on it boots with ms-dash

radboyjm

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2005, 04:27:00 PM »

Exactly.  When the STM is on which is the last dipswitch it will disable the chip.  Mine frags when I use it.  I would get a new bios file (m8_plus16), then flash on a different bank.  Make sure you format then flash then varify.  I flashed all three 256M blocks on bank 5 and all verified except the top or first one.  It however still works.

Thephost

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2005, 09:57:00 PM »

The picture from DMS is WRONG. You need to switch the green and brown wires in order for the chip to work properly. Pin 1, the square one is the clock signal, pin 2 is the ground for the chip. I don't know why DMS hasn't fixed the pictures yet, I'm sure not everyone reads here when installing the chips.

The box is FRAGing when you swap the pins because the chip is working properly but the BIOS is not loading from the chip. If you are having trouble writing and verifing your BIOS to the chip, try a different computer. The software is kind of buggy. I have not had any problems using a couple of different thinkpads.

Oh yea, I think the only bios that works on the 1.6 is the M8plus_16.

Hope this helps.

thecagey01

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2005, 11:09:00 AM »

ok I put the second wire on the square hole and the third wire right next to it. I tried flashing the bois to bank 5. It verifys. My XBox still turns on and off 2X and then blinks red and green. So, it appears I have a bad BIOS. There is only one place I know to get this BIOS and there is only one copy...the one I have. I dont know where else to look for the M8plus_16. If anyone can help my e-mail is [email protected]. Thanks for the help guys.

BigDish

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2005, 01:08:00 AM »

OK, I'm trying to install one of these in a V1.6 and I must say I'm rather frustrated/mad at DMS.  Their directions (or more specifically, lack thereof) are HORRIBLE.
I've done 25+ mods in the past and none have been this much of a pain.
So, I guess my first question is what exactly is the point of the X.1.5 adaptor?  I have it, and have it installed, but why did I need it (did I?)
Do I need a D0 point or just to rebuild the LPC and it should work?

<VENT>
The lack of instructions is very frustrating.  First I rebuilt the LPC and tried to use the pogo pins, but the D0 point didn't line up, so I took that off and just solidered in the 11 pin connector (silly me thinking because the diagram shows 11 wires it means to use the 11 pin connector, not the 8) so I took that out and solidered in the 8 pin connector.  Now I have to re-build the LPC a second time.  All I can say is I will be reccomending people avoid DMS like the plague after this mess...
</VENT>

Thephost

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2005, 09:48:00 AM »

The Adapter makes the install easier and includes the D0/LFrame point into the adapter. The LPC rebuld and the adapter is all you will need to do. Without the adapter I don't think you can disable your xbit for normal xbox operation and you will have to ground the LFrame point.

BigDish

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2005, 10:34:00 AM »

OK, thanks.  I'd argue that the adaptor makes it more confusing, not easier, but whatever.
Hopefully this thing will work when I fire it up!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7