xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbit Install - Tips And Photos  (Read 77 times)

quai8

• Archived User
Xbit Install - Tips And Photos
« on: January 02, 2005, 06:51:00 PM »

Just installed an xbox into my pre v1.6 xbox.

The chip i got is a little different to that pictured on the dms site. There is now an additional socket on the mod chip. There is also a new power cable for your cd rom which has red and black power leads split out of it - which fits into the new socket on the mod chip.

I didn't connect the new power socket - as i wasn't sure if it was needed. Seems to work fine without it.

Some things that i had trouble with...

1. Problem - Flashed the bios with a suitable bios. Installed the mod chip. Booted up the xbox. Green light came on the xbit chip - but original xbox bios loaded up.

1. Answer - Xbit chip not installed properly - probably not in xD0 correctly. When you install the chip use a torch so you can make sure you align the pogopin into xD0 correctly. Use that as the starting point for the install.

2. Problem - Xbox reboots few times and then the eject button just flashes red and green.

2. Answer - This is a good thing. This means that the xbit chip is installed correctly. It just means that there is no bios loaded up on the xbit chip. If you switch the xbit into stealth mode - it should load up with xbox bios. All you have to do now is load up a bios.

One thing that i had problems with was flashing the bios onto the chip. At first i couldn't understand why there was no bios on the chip. Then i started to verify the flash. Thats when i found out it wasn't flashing correctly. I just had to keep trying until it was successfull. Make sure you always verify the bios.

[modified] I now realise that there are already similar photos of this in other posts - so i have removed them.