xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Need Help Bios On Xbit 1.5!  (Read 102 times)

prime2134

• Archived User
Need Help Bios On Xbit 1.5!
« on: December 18, 2004, 01:14:00 AM »

Also I ordered my chip from www.modchips.com when I received it the read/write seal was already broken off. I have the feel that they sent me a chip that had already been returned. Has anyone else experience this?

dilbert59

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2004, 10:44:00 AM »

yes the 2 i recieved were sealed and the write protect was broken  mine also doesnt work correctly

gabe1231

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2004, 02:55:00 PM »

I have either and Xbox v 1.0 or 1.2 but i ordered my Xbit from Modzone and the seal was still intact.  I didn't have to remove any solder from the motherboard to install it.  I would send it back because someone could have messed with that chip you have.

dilbert59

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2004, 03:28:00 PM »

may have a solution
the part where they break off the Lock on the chip you need to file it down it may get in the way  it worked for me  it doesnt let the Do  touch corectly i found it off of another link i think the divieno one but im telling you guys i did it and it worked it pushes up against the ide plugin and doesnt allow correct positioning    i took a nail file cuz its to cold to go out into the building and get my dads set but try it out and see if it works      
hope it works         ive been sweating bullets here so good luck to u guys

prime2134

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2004, 07:52:00 PM »

Thank you I will try it out tonight I hope I  didn't hurt the motherboard by removing the solder. What do you think I sould do now refill in the solder point, leave them as is, or just solder the chip on? Thanks for you imput!

prime2134

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2004, 12:02:00 AM »

Thank you, Thank You, Thank you, this is the solution for everyone that is have the issue I was. after filing down the  knubs leftover where the read/write tab was broken off the chip boot right up. I am now formating the hard drive as I type. Thank you again this is my first chip so this 30 year old man is jumping up and down right now. Yes!

TeRRoR

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2004, 03:50:00 PM »

beerchug.gif  beerchug.gif  beerchug.gif

illmetro

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2004, 01:54:00 PM »

I also just recieved a modchip from modchip.com with the tab broke off. I installed it using the wire solder method and I did the lpc rebuild, all i get is flashing green and yellow