xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: X-b.i.t. V1.5 Xbox V1.6 Install  (Read 96 times)

hamzter

• Archived User
X-b.i.t. V1.5 Xbox V1.6 Install
« on: November 30, 2004, 09:11:00 PM »

OK... so I downloaded and printed the A_XboX16_lpc_rebuild.jpg, and the xbit_adapterinstall_cmix.jpg images as the guide for installing the X-B.I.T V1.5 modchip.  I plugged everything in, and fired up the *box, and still get the MS indicator upon boot up.  If I am following the pics, everything is connected.  But my question is which one is the D0 or G-Spot connection on the LPC rebuild?  I think something is missing here... What is it?

I know the chip is flashed because I did a verify, and it looks fine.  Can someone please help...

thanks.

hamzter

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2004, 03:44:00 AM »

Sure did.  on, on, off, off.  Is the 1.6 Xbit adapter flawed?

cabane77

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2004, 04:07:00 AM »

sorry forgot to ADD...since i used bank5, the options for the dipswitch is off off on off, and i would advise u use the same bank, bank4 didnt work for me for some reason...

hamzter

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2004, 04:12:00 AM »

Thanks, I will try that this evening.  I hope it works.  I usually use bank 4, formatting 4.  I will also give bank 3 a shot.

hamzter

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2004, 04:17:00 AM »

also I am using this version of BIOS.  x2_4983.67_256k.bin does anyone see anything wrong with this, or should I use a different BIOS?

drunkenmonk

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2004, 01:49:00 PM »

That bios will not work on an xbox 1.6 you must use the bios that cabane77 mentioned evox m8_16 bios .

hamzter

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2004, 05:18:00 PM »

I loaded evox m8_16 bios, and I still am not working... It is almost as if the Gspot is not connected.

Does anyone know which one it is, or better yet have a pic of where the Gspot gets connected?

D_Sanchez

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2004, 12:38:00 AM »

@Cabane77

So I followed in your steps with the 1.5 in the 1.6 with the adapter.  Did you use the cd cable pigtail on the chip?  When you said that you flashed the chip in option 5 (as in 1-6) isn't that option 6 and not five?  When you were having boot problems did you notice a difference when you had the chip plugged into the cd rom pigtail?

So I gather that option six bank 5 which would be Off Off On Off is still the right option for bank five.

You did follow both the adapter install diagram and the LPC rebuild diagram from the DMS3 website right?  If not what LPC rebuild diagram did you use.

Thanks in advance

Corban

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2004, 01:38:00 AM »

I had the same problem and went through everything here 50 times, searched the net high and low for answers.

Heres my solution.

I found two diagrams for the 1.6 adapter wiring to the LPC Debug port. I followed the official one from DMS.  I also found another from somewhere else.

The two differences, were wiring colours for wires 2 and 3. Other than that the diagrams were identical, as my wiring followed the DMS one. The wires on the DMS diagram were Brown was two, and Green was three.  On the other diagram, this was swapped, so it was Green was two, and Brown was three, assuming the numbers were wire numbers counting from end to the other both diagrams matched and were identical, however assuming that somebody numbered the wires wrong but the colours were correct I resoldered according to colour from the second web site so I made brown (wire 2) go to the position indicated by 3 on the LPC diagram and green number (wire 3) go to the position indicated by 2 on the LPC diagram (TOP).  This worked, I know have my mod working.  I tried everything else mentioned on this thread as well.
So try swapping the green and brown wires on the top of the LPC connector, worked for me.

As a note that may be of interest.
The colours of my connector went.
Solder End                        Converter                   XBIT
1. Pink          ...................                ................  1. Pink
2. Brown       ...................                ................  2. Green
3. Green       ...................                ................  3. Brown
4. No wire     ...................                ................  4. Blue
5. Purple       ...................                ................  5. Purple
6. Orange     ...................                ................  6. Orange
7. Yellow       ...................                ................  7. Yellow
8. Grey         ...................                ................  8. Grey
9. No wire     ...................                ................  9. White
10. Black      ...................                ................  10. Black
11. Red        ...................                ................  11. Red
Note my Brown and green wires seemed to be swapped, but if you go by numbers then they are OK!
You work it out!

Avalon111

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2004, 02:13:00 AM »

i have the same problem!

@Corban swapping the wires didnt fix the problem for me!

x i can connect to the mod chip via usb and flash the bios.
x the box is only booting its original bios
x the green LED on the mod chip is inactive when i start the xbox

i checked all solderpoints 10 times!

what have i done wrong?