xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: To Buy Or Not To Buy  (Read 107 times)

EYOB

• Archived User
To Buy Or Not To Buy
« on: November 30, 2004, 10:57:00 AM »

drunkenmonk

• Archived User
To Buy Or Not To Buy
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2004, 02:17:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

EYOB

• Archived User
To Buy Or Not To Buy
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2004, 03:39:00 PM »

What's the purpose of an adapter, can't I just install the XBIT right onto the Motherboard ??

I've used the Xecuter 2.3b lite plus a long time ago.  And recently the XBIT Solderless.

I want to use the XBIT again (solderless) but there are so many differing opinions on what to buy and how to mod.

If I don't get a good consensus, I'm just going to do what I've done already.  Solderless XBIT install.

drunkenmonk

• Archived User
To Buy Or Not To Buy
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2004, 02:09:00 PM »

What's the purpose of an adapter, can't I just install the XBIT right onto the Motherboard ??

The adapters are for the other chips. The xbit is built with soderless. The reason I was stressing the Xenium with the sodderless adapter is due to legal reasons. If you plan on flashing with the xbit with a non-legal bios and set up a non-legal dashboard on the xbox for them then you are puting yourself at risk for little compensation. If your doing this for friends only than go for it. IF your friends start helping your buisness buy geting there friends friends then start getting nervous. The Xenium Ice comes with a legal Operating system built onboard the chip. It is very intuitive for the end user to chose the bios and dashboard for them selfs using the onboard OS and therefore alow you to mass market the modded xbox and not get in trouble. The choice is up to you but once you find how easy it realy is for the setup of the xenium you won't go back to xbit. Just screw in the adapter to the board and place the wire to the d0 and press the chip onto the adapter and you can ship the modded xbox. beerchug.gif

Silentscream__

• Archived User
To Buy Or Not To Buy
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2004, 02:33:00 PM »

I would highly reccomend either using a xenium or xecuter chip if you are doing installs. If you are doing any of this through the mail, i can guarentee you that you will get complaints that the xbits have been shaken out of place during shipping. anyway, the Xbit isnt a cheap chip. I do installs and i never use anything but xenium Ice, and seagate hdds.

Learn to solder.

EYOB

• Archived User
To Buy Or Not To Buy
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2004, 12:30:00 AM »

You look high in your Avatar*