xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Is There A Chnace To Get It Boot From F: ?  (Read 75 times)

lamrith

• Archived User
Is There A Chnace To Get It Boot From F: ?
« on: September 28, 2004, 06:32:00 AM »

I would make sure that you have the dashboard files named the same as what the bios is looking for.  Also make sure that in your bios the F drive is mounted or active.

Any reason your using the M8 bios and not something like 4981.06?  All i have ben using is the 4981 bioses and never had a problem.  There is NO reason you should not be able to boot from F.

I never put anything on my C or E drives, too much chance of a MS game loading a new xboxdash as an update and C has limited space..

kenmood

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2004, 10:00:00 AM »

After that I used the Firefucker's X-Disk with full install. After installation the box jumps back to MS stuff not using F: as a boot-device. Any idea what's wrong ?

I don't know what that install disk should do, but by default M8 tries to boot c:\evoxdash.xbe, c:\avadash.xbe and c:\nexgen.xbe. Use evtool to mod your M8 bios to make it boot from F.

Any reason your using the M8 bios and not something like 4981.06?

He has Xbox v1.6 and that is the only bios that works on Xbox v1.6.

Lazybones

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2004, 03:54:00 PM »

I hope some starts putting 1.6 compatibility in more of the bioses. M8 works well for me but I would like to play with some of the new options in the other BIOS mods, such as new flubber and F drive boot.