xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: X-bit= Teh Gay  (Read 219 times)

opjose

• Archived User
X-bit= Teh Gay
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2004, 11:52:00 AM »

QUOTE (GreenEminems @ Jun 5 2004, 09:52 PM)
Idk, but I tried it on 4 different computers... One with Windows ME, came up with errors, 3 with windows XP, 3 different companies made them... Dell, Sony, and EMachines.... and it worked on NONE of them. So yes, possibly just a hardware problem, but a hardware problem that includes models from Dell, Sony and Emachines? come on now...

WinME doesn't have a good HID implementation and it would ONLY work if all your updates were in place and "perfect".

That is usually only after a clean install followed by a full set of updates.

Win2K works better but WinXP's HID implementation is MUCH better, albeit the USB vendor support (yes including Sony, DELL, etc.) stinks from those makers.

Those manufacturers unfortunately resort to rather drastic cost saving measures so choose chipsets like the lower version Via, ALi-Magik, etc.

In turn this stuff depends upon the motherboard chipset drivers, which were (and to a large extent) are extremely buggy.

So you've run into common hardware/software issues, having nothing to do with Xbit and everything to do with what I have mentioned.

You are rather inexperienced with this, so it makes it seem as if it is a problem with the XBIT.

Nope. It's as I've posted.

That is unless you've had EXTREME bad luck and merely have drawn a bad Xbit.

TraZer

• Archived User
X-bit= Teh Gay
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2004, 05:09:00 AM »

love.gif

/TraZer

opjose

• Archived User
X-bit= Teh Gay
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2004, 07:00:00 PM »

QUOTE (TraZer @ Jun 13 2004, 01:09 PM)
I have flashed X-Bit chips under several WindowsXP systems and never encountered a single problem, all works fine... best chip I've ever installed on any Xbox IMHO  love.gif

/TraZer

While I've had a problem with one system, I knew to expect this, in that the system was already know to be problematic vis-a-vis USB transfers.

When it works, I prefer the USB flashing mechanism over others, such as LPT1: devices (ugh).

MemphisReins

• Archived User
X-bit= Teh Gay
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2004, 10:31:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

Ordered my first X-BIT on Monday morning, arrived at my house this morning (Yeah I paid the extra for next day).
Flashed the X-BIT 20 minutes ago from my XP machine first time of asking.
Just installed in my Xbox 10 minutes ago.
Aligned first time, screwed in first time, worked first time.

Clearly the original poster decided to let his arse do the talking.

Ichijoe

• Archived User
X-bit= Teh Gay
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2004, 02:02:00 PM »

This Topic should be changed to X-B.I.T= Da Shiznit!

Hedsteem

• Archived User
X-bit= Teh Gay
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2004, 06:38:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

Foiled

• Archived User
X-bit= Teh Gay
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2004, 02:07:00 PM »

Installed many Xbits, Used many different XP systems and I had only one issue with an xbit. The D0 pin would not line up and keep power to the chip. So i soldered the damn thing on. Works great now.

If you can't take the time to read before you ask questions or attempt a skilled task dont whine and cry to the community over your screw-up's.

Next time call M$ and ask them how to install/flash the mod-chip, I bet they will have some help for you.

Gh0stface

• Archived User
X-bit= Teh Gay
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2004, 03:06:00 AM »

could it be that the problem with the xbit flashing only occours when using usb 2.0 ?
Because on my notebook usb 2.0 it didnt work, on my pc however it did (non usb 2.0)
Pages: 1 [2]