xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Getting Frustrated!  (Read 60 times)

izz

• Archived User
Getting Frustrated!
« on: February 09, 2004, 11:25:00 PM »

you either didn't align your chip properly or your pogo pins don't have good contact with the points..  try aligning the chip, use your fingers to press the chip down to make sure the pings are getting good contacts and boot it up your xbox.. you can do this to test if your chip is working properly.. i've had this problem before as well.. it turns out that the if you screws the chip too tight, the modchip would tilt and your chip would frag due to poor contacts..

JamezHill

• Archived User
Getting Frustrated!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2004, 11:33:00 PM »

Hmmm... I tried to do it a few more times, did you use the spacer?  It seems to fit better without it.  It also doesn't bow up on the other end as much.  Is that spacer only used on older/newer xboxes? Now, that bios is the ONLY thing i have to do to this to play "backup" games right?

Jamez

therebelious1

• Archived User
Getting Frustrated!
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2004, 01:40:00 AM »

Now, that bios is the ONLY thing i have to do to this to play "backup" games right?

if the backup ganmes are on discs then yes, otherwise you'll need a replacement dashboard like EvoX or Avalaunch etc in order to launch the backups and possibly a larger hard drive to store them.

one other solution to your problem may be that the switches are set to the wrong (or non-existant) bank. i was never that good with working out how many possible combinations of three switches there are, but i bet there are some dip switch combinations that arent used, best to double and triple check

have you cleaned your lpc  & d0 contacts, and scraped the d0 aswell?