xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbit Trouble Playing Bckups  (Read 94 times)

ColKurtz

• Archived User
Xbit Trouble Playing Bckups
« on: January 03, 2004, 03:44:00 PM »

QUOTE (maddogtime @ Jan 3 2004, 08:01 PM)
As per the instructions in your forum I loaded the x2 4977 and the evox M7 BIOS into my xbit (only a 1.4 at this point) in slot number 6 after I had installed the modchip and flashed the BIOS first.

I'm not sure what you're talking about in that sentence.  You would load either 4977 or M7 into a bios slot, not both.  Perhaps you loaded them into different slots - if so that's fine.  

Second, try coloring your bios with xbtool.  This allows you to change your xbox logo or your power LED to a different color to ensure you're loading a hacked bios.  The green light on the XBIT is *not* an indication that you have a valid connection.  You would need to run xbtool on your bios (on your PC), then save, then reflash with that colored bios.

If you're sure that you flashed your X2 bios correctly, you should also look whether "Xecutor" appears on the xbox logo scrreen.  This, like coloring your bios, at least tells you whether your bios is flashed correctly.  M7 looks just like non-hacked xbox screen, you need to color it to tell if it's loading.

Once you make sure your bios is loading, then you might turn your attention to media.  I have a Thomson drive, and it reads Verbatim 1x DVD-Rs just fine. It's a little sketchy with Memorex CDRW, but they work most of the time. Concentrate on getting evox installed - the dash will tell you whether your backup games are recognized, and thus tells you whether you have media or other burning probs.

Good luck.

maddogtime

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2004, 01:16:00 AM »

THanks for the help - im still trying so let's hope it'll work eventually - still not getting the colored BIOS I am loading into the chip.

Concerning the issues you didnt quite get -  Sorry I should have explained it clearer: I meant putting 2 BIOSs into two separate banks, say 3 & 4, on say, config option 6.

Please excuse this stupid question: Is the default drive letter  for a standard xbox C or E because I have read posts talking about both being the default drive letter...?

ColKurtz

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2004, 08:44:00 AM »

C and E are both default drives.  Generally speaking C is where your data resides, and E is where your savegame/profile data is stored.  X, Y, and Z are also default drives used for swap info.

Genz

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2004, 08:50:00 AM »

THanks for the help - im still trying so let's hope it'll work eventually - still not getting the colored BIOS I am loading into the chip.

maybe it is a problem with your connection. check whether all the pogos have a proper connection. there are threads out there about cleansing and aligning that could help you (look for a thread by LargePig or something). if you are familiar with soldering (as you soldered the two wires) you should consider soldering the whole chip to the lpc and d0 with the shipped wires.

Regards.

maddogtime

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2004, 09:50:00 AM »

smile.gif I got it to work - just a matter of aligning the pogo's wif the main board properly. I threw in a M7 BIOS with a orange LED as an indicator and HEY PRESTO CHANGO !!

THANK YOU XBOX-SCENE for all the necessary information and all who helped biggrin.gif

Thanks for the help!

I already read through all the instructions before I even popped the hood on my xbox - LargePig's was really helpful and I followed that to the letter.

Course, that wont help jack dempsey if my box is a v1.5 sad.gif

Right now I am testing a lot of BIOSs coz a bloke I know at XS Filter - Links to Xbox Warez and Torrents ** told me that many people have problems just selecting a BIOs that will run with their XBIT - ie. if you get the right BIOS, THAT makes the chip work.. go figure..dont know how valid that is but I'll try anything right now..

Also, this is how I understand the BIOS selection system for the xbit:

I put a BIOS in Bios 4 of option 5 (option 5 has 5 different Bios slots) --> to use that BIOS I set the switches to '4' (1=On, 2=On, 3=Off) right?!? Anything else would make the multiple BIOS feature pretty obsolete...

I dont know if I mentioned that but my xbox is manufactured in china 10/10/2003 in week 41. On that linux-xbox chart in the tutorial section week 41 isnt even listed which makes it even more difficult to determine the version..