xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: I Hate My Xbit  (Read 109 times)

patspei

• Archived User
I Hate My Xbit
« on: December 01, 2003, 09:50:00 PM »

muhaha.gif kill the fucking DMS people   flamethrower.gif

moistness

• Archived User
I Hate My Xbit
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2003, 11:23:00 PM »

wink.gif

chelrob

• Archived User
I Hate My Xbit
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2003, 11:38:00 PM »

Or remove the solder from the LPC points and the pogos will seat and not move. Mine has never moved out of alignment and I'm in there all the time. Also you have to apply pressure to the correct point as you seat it and screw it down. You should hear a solid click and it should be pretty flush with the MOBO. No lifting on one side

patspei

• Archived User
I Hate My Xbit
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2003, 01:04:00 AM »

okay maybe it isnt so bad but whats with the software and what do you mean with get an old soundcard

trotos

• Archived User
I Hate My Xbit
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2003, 03:42:00 AM »

has anyone found any photos of how to remove the solder from the lpc (i believe the lpc is the pins inside this retangle think, right?).

drunkpug

• Archived User
I Hate My Xbit
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2003, 03:47:00 AM »

if all else fails take my route i took with some matrix chips

bolt that shit down

works like a charm u get more surface pressure on the modchip

also dont forget to apply pressure to the pins before u make that final turn of the screw

chefelf

• Archived User
I Hate My Xbit
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2003, 07:58:00 PM »

okay maybe it isnt so bad but whats with the software and what do you mean with get an old soundcard

moistness means that you should get an old crappy circuit board and practice soldering on it to get the hang of it.  Then you could solder a chip into your board instead of using the pogopin install.

has anyone found any photos of how to remove the solder from the lpc (i believe the lpc is the pins inside this retangle think, right?).

You should get yourself some "desoldering braid" from an electronics store (i.e. Radio Shack).  You simply put the braid over the LPC then head the braid with a soldering iron.  It will slowly melt the solder and catch it in the braid.  Then you quickly remove the braid and iron and the solder will come right out.  You will actually see the solder leak up into the braid.  It can be a pain if you're new to desoldering but it works quite well.

Do a Google search to see if you can find any tutorials for desoldering with braid.  You can also use a solder sucker.

Hope that helps.