xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbit , Blinking Red And No Video  (Read 93 times)

Ksw1

• Archived User
Xbit , Blinking Red And No Video
« on: November 22, 2003, 11:56:00 AM »

I installed the XBIT , - Did you soilder or use pogo pins?

upgraded my HD (did not lock it), had games, pics, and streamed DIVX,, everything was working great. UNTIL one day I played Splinter Cell and decided to turn the xbox off.  - Do you leave your Xbox on all the time?

The next time I booted up, i could hear the machine boot up , but NO video. I could even FTP to the machine, but NO video. - Did you check the video cable? (dumb question but hey - It happens)

I thought I would re-flash the XBIT , using SLOT 6 the 256 option (EVOXM7 bios). That didnt work. - Please be more specific - Did the bios flash properly? Did the bios verify properly?

I took the XBIT out (idiot me) and put it back and now when I turn the xbox on it tries to read the hd,s tops, reads againg, stops and then blinking red!.. - Do you have your backup CD-RW or DVD in the DVD Drive?
Any help? or should I just shoot myself. - No, don't do that!

I would like to try and flash the TSOP if someone can help me out on how to..

thanks much

xaxtron2k3

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2003, 11:30:00 AM »

I had that same problem with the red flashing.  

My pogopins were not lined up properly.  Apparently, my d0 was connected, but my LPC pins were misaligned, thus causing my xbox to power on and off 3 times, then blink red.  What's happening is the xbox is looking for a bios, but can't find one.

Maybe over time, your pins have moved, try realigning them.

I got that info from http://www.whitedog....?qid=62&catid=4

I'm not sure about the video thing though... it could be related.

daveytrain

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2003, 11:36:00 AM »

You are having the exact same problem that I am. Read my post, is my xbox fried?

The only difference is that I get the same result even if I take the mod out.  how can this be?

Genz

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2003, 11:40:00 PM »

wink.gif xbox-menu. there is a point in it, that says: not all tvs may be compatible and could be messed up by a console!).

Did you check the cables for the external switch? So, that they didn't move some other cable inside or lying blank on the bord or something?
Did you check your dipswitches so that the xbit isn't accidentally in stealth-mode and your original bios refuses to accept the unlocked hd?

Have a look inside and check whether any cables have loosened (especially around the video-out) by your installations.

I don't know if this helps, but this is, what I would do as a first try.
(is your TV on? Are you still able to watch tv with it?)

Regards

fulgore203

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2003, 07:49:00 AM »

You say that you can ftp... can you see something in the folders or are they empty ? If they are empty can you put the Slayer 2.5 cd in it and can you go to the System info or something (cannot look at the moment sorry) and tell us if it says that your HD gives a LOCKED ERROR ? (i had this problem yesterday, i had bought a new XBOX and put my 120GB from an other xbox and placed it in the new one. It gave a HD Locked error, i had to unlock and lock again ...