xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How Do You Control Slayers 2.5?  (Read 95 times)

FunkmaztafoX

• Archived User
How Do You Control Slayers 2.5?
« on: November 19, 2003, 05:59:00 AM »

you don't need a keyboard/mouse.

i know it's a short reply, but i got class in a few, but i'll be back in an hour to hopefully help you out.

eug_one

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2003, 07:57:00 AM »

Hey all I need help.  I recently installed the X-Bit mod in my Xbox.  I was having problems getting the flashed BIOS's to boot but fixed that by desoldering the contact points on the Xbox motherboard.

I have a v 1.0 Xbox with Thompson DVD drive.  I have a new Evox BIOS loaded, with the latest Xecuter and Cromwell BIOS's.  When I boot with the Evox, SlaYers eventually loads.  It looks like it updates my TV every 4 seconds?  Is this normal?

----hmmm. . . what do you mean it "updates you TV". . have a feeling this is NOT normal.

Once it fully loads, about two minutes, I cannot move the selection at the bottom.  Do I need to connect a USB keyboard/mouse as an input device or can I use a controller to move around?

-----It should NOT take 2 minutes for Slayer's to load up.  More like 30 seconds and you should be able to move to the different selections using your gamepad.  Sounds like your Slayer's Installer did not burn properly.  Make sure you burn at the SLOWEST speed and on a good CD-RW media (I use Memorex).  If you're having a hard time, drop me a PM, I'll send you a copy through snal mail that I know works.  Figure I can donate the postage and CDRW to help a newbie out.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.  I am a n00b at this Xbox stuff but have been doing IT work for 7 years.  Hardware/soldering/flashing doesn't scare me but just having some issues.

Regards

FunkmaztafoX

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2003, 08:00:00 AM »

OK i reread the post thoroughly. The v1.0's esp with Thomson drive are very picky on what they want to read as far as discs.  

What BIOS's are you using (exactly)?  
What Banks did you put them in?
What is your dipswitch set to when booting?
Are you using a CD-RW?  
Do you have access to dvd-r and dvd-r burner?

yannotmi

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2003, 07:32:00 AM »

ph34r.gif  ph34r.gif Good ol M$ at its best, asking me to send it in and wait tw0 weeks for $99 bux....... Bla ph34r.gif  ph34r.gif