xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Xbit Install First Time Every Time  (Read 642 times)

globin

• Archived User
Xbit Install First Time Every Time
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2003, 11:09:00 AM »

I did read and im kind of confused. So EvoX is kind of like Windows, and it is necessary to boot DVD-R backups made, correct? (because thats all really I want to do for now) Oh I wish there was an easier way to install it.

xboxmodder4life

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2003, 11:48:00 AM »

wrong.. Evox is a dashboard which is a program which is kinda like a launch center.. makes it easier to lauch ur apps and games and what not..

With a mod chip and the right bios u can play backups without evo

globin

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2003, 12:02:00 PM »

What is the right bios? Right now all I want to do now is boot DVD-R backups

globin

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2003, 03:39:00 AM »

Yes this was a big help!

globin

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2003, 10:07:00 AM »

Yes I also had to change computers because I guess mine wouldnt work either.  laugh.gif

LargePig

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2003, 01:02:00 PM »

Wow, havn't been online for a while, glad i'm helping!

kabammi>
(Ronsonol) Lighter fluid is mainly Naphtha, i don't smoke either, but it's cheep smile.gif

artdude>
1.5 needs soldering, i know NOTHING about soldering!! Sorry Mate!

I'll try and be a little quicker off the mark when people reply in future! Sorry guys!!

LargePig

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2003, 01:21:00 PM »

globin>
Have you got yours sorted yet?
What makes things a little confusing with EvolutionX (EvoX):

EvolutionX is a replacement dashboard, which you ONLY need to install if you want to install emulators or xbox media player, stuff like that, and believe me, MAMEoX rules and you will probably want to install evox so you can play wicked retro games before you know it. You can, however, run some of these apps (Including EvoX) from CD-RW/DVD-R without having to install EvoX, with your modchip installed, your xbox will launch default.xbe from any media that you put into it (so long as it can read it). So it may not be necesary for you to install evox for some apps.

The confusing thing is that EvolutionX  also have a bois, the latest being M7, which i am using.

So, EvolutionX is a dashboard, and M7 by EvolutionX is a hacked bios.
Another bios is Xecuter, this would work too.

All you have to do to get backup games working is install the chip flashed with a bios and the dip switches set correctly. Oh, and don't go on xbox live. I always pull my network cable out when i'm playting live enabled games, just in case the thumb slips......

LargePig

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2003, 03:43:00 AM »

Should take a few mins, have you got nother pc you can try, the usb can be a pain with some ubs ports and windows xp?

globin

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2003, 04:30:00 AM »

Hey Largepig,

Thanks for asking. Yes everything is sorted out fine. Thanks for the helpful thread.

Like LargePig said, flashing should only take a few minutes total. Be sure the light is on when it gets connected to the PC (on the external board with the switches), because mine didnt and the M7 bios did not work even though the software said it flashed successfully.

davis25

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2003, 05:06:00 AM »

i dont think the prettiness or ugliness of the chip matters much, just my opinion though

davis25

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2003, 07:17:00 PM »

have you sued cd-r's on your xbox yet?  Ive seen some people have problems with this!!

LargePig

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2003, 01:04:00 AM »

You need to get yourself a copy of slayers evox installer, it will come as an iso that you just burn, should be able to do the formatting from there (although i have no exp of changing drives..... yet).

IRC is the way to go for getting slayers, but i can't tell you the chan, i'll get in trouble. But there's this great website called www.searchirc.com smile.gif

n00bX

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2003, 07:55:00 AM »

I GOT THE DAMN THING To WORK!!! It was the M7 bios that was not working with Slayer's! I tracked down a E2.5 bios and flashed the Mod again. Tried the CDRW's again and booya! it came up. I am formating the hard drive as we speak!! Slayer is Da Man.

beerchug.gif

rancid_911

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2003, 12:28:00 PM »

hey im getting x-bit chip in about a week and i have some qustions that i would appreiate being answered smile.gif

1) i have v 1.0, as the holes on the board are soldered ,so do  i have to remove the solder to install it in the pogo-pin way yeah?

thanx alot

mike

LargePig

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2003, 10:39:00 AM »

Rancid_911>

You don't need to take out the solder, i have a 1.0 and this tutorial is base on my experience with fitting the chip, so keep the solder in, unless you come to a dead end.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5