xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How To Flash Bios Correctly...  (Read 57 times)

incyte

• Archived User
How To Flash Bios Correctly...
« on: October 28, 2003, 07:25:00 PM »

sorry if this topic is being done again.. i still dont understand...  :(

i have the m7 put it in the config 6 spot ... and filled banks 3,4,5,6 with it dunno why but just did... i did use xbtools to change the color of the led and the xbox logo on boot.. still did nothing... am i flashing it correctly?

they all verified as well...

and i have no idea how to install the evox dashboard either... any help would be appreciated.. thanks in advance

-incyte

gadgetaddict

• Archived User
How To Flash Bios Correctly...
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2003, 06:18:00 AM »

if the flashes verfied, then you installed them properly.
select bank 3 (as in mode 6, that's the first 256k bank) - i don't remember the dip positions, i THINk (from memory) it's something like on-off-on
anyway, take out the drives, make sure Stealth Mode is OFF (or your chip would be disabled), and make sure the green light powers up on the external board - anyway, give it about 10 seconds, and if yo udon't see your colored logo, then the chip isn't aligned properly
also, make sure you scraped D0 VERY GENTLY with a pin or TINY jewler's screwdriver - this part causes the most problems with installations
check out the boot without the drives, and reposition if necessary till you get your colored bios - shut off between adjusting.
when you have the pogos in place, you'll probably hear a loud "click" and then it won't want to wiggle
also, be sure you used the spacer and new screw, and potentially tighten more than you would think you have to - i had to tighten it much more than i wanted (didn't want to crack anything) - also, gently compress the board and pogos before tightening the screw to help seat them...also, you may want to gently work the pogos before installation, by holding their tops and gently pressing the bottoms to work the pins a little
let us know what happens...