xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbit & Tsop  (Read 139 times)

Jeff_D

• Archived User
Xbit & Tsop
« on: March 25, 2004, 09:42:00 PM »

Anyone know?  tongue.gif

hydr0g3n

• Archived User
Xbit & Tsop
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2004, 12:22:00 AM »

just get a cheap mod chip, at least if you fry one of them they can be replaced lol. and i wouldnt sugest exploits as thats how i f**ked my x-box harddrive (dash downgrade hotswap fried the drive sad.gif oh well an excuse to get a chip lol)

doing it the chip way will be less hassle (espesh if u use the pogo pin install method) and you can (if needs be) disable it (and you never know when you might need 2 do that wink.gif)

just my 2 cents worth smile.gif

clogicgmather

• Archived User
Xbit & Tsop
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2004, 06:13:00 AM »

use the search facility

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=165208

heres a link for identifying your xbox and how to solder the points so you can flash to tsop. You need to solder these points to unlock the tsop. (as by default its write protected) You can use any method available to loader the appropriate flasher software (ie modchip or softmod) and then your done. Btw softmods are FINE ive done over 100 boxs through a local shop with not a single problem or complaint, all soft modded using the hacked mechassault fonts. If you need any more information about tsop flashing and softmods the forums provided are both pretty conclusive and are worth checking out.

Guy

killerke

• Archived User
Xbit & Tsop
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2003, 06:00:00 AM »

hey,

first of all the xbit is great chip, i got it installed in less then 5mins on my xbox v1.1 now i have a simple question. Is it possible to flash your tsop using the xbit just like you can with the chameleon or isn't that possible.

Thanx in advance

gadgetaddict

• Archived User
Xbit & Tsop
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2003, 09:43:00 AM »

you'd probably have to solder connections and short things out on the tsop.  if like me you ahve to ask about the tsop, then it's best to just stay away from it!  and notice, the chameleon has extra solder points to control tsop flashing.  most folks say best to stay away from the tsop

chelrob

• Archived User
Xbit & Tsop
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2003, 12:04:00 PM »

From what I have been reading most folks are saying why by a mod chip when you can easily software mod the xbox TSOP with an exploit.

Now that I have mastered xbit and evox I'm going to find a cheap used xbox to software mod.

gadgetaddict

• Archived User
Xbit & Tsop
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2003, 06:45:00 AM »

actually, i've read posts where folks screwed up their xboxes using exploits, and the common reply is, "that's why we say to use a modchip" - i agree with you, that if you can software mod your xbox, why even open the thing up, but i've also read that the software mods dont' always do what you want, or you have to add a new loader (or use the phoenix loader), etc. - i just don't know enough about it sad.gif

moistness

• Archived User
Xbit & Tsop
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2003, 07:06:00 AM »

when you can buy modchips as cheap as £10 why risk fucking up a tsop!

http://www.cheapmod.com/

gadgetaddict

• Archived User
Xbit & Tsop
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2003, 10:23:00 AM »

also, from what I understand, you need to solder a couple of jumpers to tsop, and the soldering is about on par with soldering D0 - so it's potentially easier to slap in a pogo chip than tsopping - although with tsopping, you have far fewer connections  - boy, the pros and cons...

chelrob

• Archived User
Xbit & Tsop
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2003, 09:46:00 PM »

The soldering comes into play when you're doing  a game save exploit without a mod chip, no?

If you have a mod chip you can flash your TSOP with ConfigMagic - Final, no?

Can you then remove the mod chip if you flashed the TSOP with M7 or X2?

chelrob

• Archived User
Xbit & Tsop
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2003, 09:36:00 AM »

I cancelled my subscription when I found XlinkMessenger.

I have an XBIT, it is awesome!

I have done some reading since last night and I think you would still have to bridge some points to make the TSOP writeable.  Not sure though?

chelrob

• Archived User
Xbit & Tsop
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2003, 02:21:00 PM »

I have an XBIT installed and working.  How can I flash my XBOX BIOS with M7 or X2 4979.67 so I can remove the chip and use it on another xbox?

chelrob

• Archived User
Xbit & Tsop
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2003, 10:02:00 AM »

Anyone?  It's a bit confusing.