xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What Does Dms Has To Say?  (Read 226 times)

chilin_dude

• Archived User
What Does Dms Has To Say?
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2003, 08:01:00 AM »

QUOTE (Ubergeek @ Oct 1 2003, 04:51 PM)
we had the choice of releasing a new bios for 1.4 or wait a while for the new X3 bios which has X3 hardware dependant features (yes X3 bios will work with all hardware - just one of the features wont work due to the fact it needs a hardware hack too)

X3 hardware is pretty much done - we're just packing as many features into it as physically possible. As soon as the new embedded XBE is done (no its not ftp wink.gif )

Sounds great biggrin.gif  this might actually warrant an upgrade from my unflashable cheapmod if i can muster up the £50 it'll cost  laugh.gif
Can't wait to find out what the new xbe is... hopefully something ingame?maybe a screenshot or something?

Ubergeek

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2003, 09:05:00 AM »

QUOTE (chilin_dude @ Oct 1 2003, 05:01 PM)

Can't wait to find out what the new xbe is... hopefully something ingame?maybe a screenshot or something?

its a little more inventive than that smile.gif

even more inventive is getting the bitch to work - but it'll come hehe smile.gif

moistness

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2003, 09:09:00 AM »

wink.gif

is it me or did dms say something about x-bit having "some interesting new features" that they were keeping up their sleeves til it was released?

well where are they then? uhh.gif

Surreal

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2003, 03:19:00 AM »

Haha! They are pretty self confident at DMS =)
Here's the mail:

To: [email protected]
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 18:11:19 +0800
Subject: Re: Regarding Xbit

Ignore the "Techie's comments" wait for the reviews.

----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 4:50 AM
Subject: Regarding Xbit

Hi, I've just ordered a Xbit from one of your distributors today. From what I'd heard and read at that time, your chip is by far the best one.
However, later this evening I read something unsettling on the xbit forum at xbox-scene.com. A member of that forum had this to say about your xbit:

"I just got off of the phone with a techie' who has the xbit chip and is haveing problems with it. there company is no longer carrying the chip due to it freezing games for some unknown reaon. The release dat is the 28th he said but The techie would not even sell me the xbit chip because its so flawed up! WARNING!!!DO NOT BUY THIS CHIP. if you preordered it cancle your order before it's too late!!!"

As you might guess, this made me rather suspicious whether it's worth 40£ or not. I put my last money on this chip, and I can't afford to buy another chip for some months.
Thus this letter, I just want to make sure that you can guarantee that xbit truly works. What bioses did you test it with etc?

And another thing, you say at your site that it works with version 1.0 through 1.3. But isn't that bios dependent? I mean, the old bioses didn't work with 1.4, but the new EvoX M7 does, so shouldn't it be possible to flash the xbit chip with the new EvoX M7 bios in order to make it work on a 1.4?

Thank you

Surreal

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2003, 08:06:00 AM »

After all, I DO have faith in the xbit chip =)
And as it's my last money, I thought it would be best to buy the best chip on the market.

FunkmaztafoX

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2003, 08:22:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

moistness

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2003, 08:58:00 AM »

uhh.gif

oh and only one of the two d0 pogo's too!

glad i wont be using those then! pin header for me (which is another annoying problem in its self)
Pages: 1 [2]