xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: X-bit Vs Xectuor 2.2  (Read 210 times)

CaliSurfer008

• Archived User
X-bit Vs Xectuor 2.2
« on: July 09, 2003, 03:40:00 PM »

Xecuter2.2 is a chip made by a very well established/trusted company who puts months of hard work and dedication into their chips...it is a brand name chip that is the best of the best...

The X-Bit is made by a company that started off making Ps2 chips...this is their first venture into the Xbox scene and I do not find them very popular...I have not really heard this much about those chips...

I would HIGHLY recommend an Xecuter chip as they have been around for awhile and know their stuff...they have always found ways to better their chips and I will always choose them. Also..the X-Bit chip isnt even released yet so I would go with an Xecuter

Powa to Team Xecuter!

Morglum

• Archived User
X-bit Vs Xectuor 2.2
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2003, 03:49:00 PM »

QUOTE (CaliSurfer008 @ Jul 10 2003, 12:40 AM)
The X-Bit is a cheapmod...

Erm, are you sure you're thinking about the right chip?  blink.gif

I'm sure THIS is what Disincarnate was talking about.

cribby08

• Archived User
X-bit Vs Xectuor 2.2
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2003, 09:30:00 AM »

I would go with xecutor, just untill DMS3 new xbox chip is tested and all the bugs are out and there is alot of feedback.  The x2.2 seriers is a great easy to use series and works very well. You can get them for a very reasonalbe price if you look around.

rzyzzy

• Archived User
X-bit Vs Xectuor 2.2
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2003, 10:57:00 PM »

I would HIGHLY recommend an Xecuter chip as they have been around for awhile and know their stuff..

they've been around for a year, right?  Less than a year, maybe?  I know they announced the first xecutor a long time before we saw it...  Anyway, I don't think anyone has more than 15 months experience in actually *selling* xbox modchips yet...   wink.gif

a decent product, but hardly an "old hand"...

rzyzzy

• Archived User
X-bit Vs Xectuor 2.2
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2003, 11:33:00 AM »

Relatively speaking they are the "old hand" as you put it.

well, in all fairness to them, they are on revision #3 for their chips - which can be looked at more than one way, i.m.h.o. - on one hand, they are "cutting edge" and "keeping up to date" - on the other, perhaps shortsighted ( you may not have seen the version 1 xecutor, with it's impossible-to-remove-or-upgrade design. )  Yeah, they have introduced a stream of improvements, but many of them are other's ideas as well - pcbioxx looks alot like the x2 pro, except they used a very cheesy fcc cable ( which I believe will continue to cause problems).  

x-bit may be guily of overhyping their product, no defense there - but again, this may be before your time as well, xecutor was probably *more* overhyped  -  if you'll look back you'll see all kinds of references to "1 wire mod" - when they knew darn well there was also a bunch of lpc points as well.    

Xecuter does have the fanboy crowd firmly in it's court, hence comments like

Powa to Team Xecuter!

but realistically xbit may offer enhancements that aren't possible with the current generation of chips - and I for one am willing to give them a chance, as I did with xecuter, and all the chips that came out after the Xtender  - remember these guys are all building on someone else's work...worthy of kudos to be sure, but not worship...

PlastiKK_

• Archived User
X-bit Vs Xectuor 2.2
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2003, 12:47:00 PM »

you may not have seen the version 1 xecutor, with it's impossible-to-remove-or-upgrade design.

Your damn skippy.  Took me quite a while to get that bizznitch out.

JD22

• Archived User
X-bit Vs Xectuor 2.2
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2003, 06:46:00 PM »

x2.2 wins!!

gamemaster14

• Archived User
X-bit Vs Xectuor 2.2
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2003, 04:03:00 PM »

maybe you should wait until x-bit version 2 or 3 comes out. by then they should have all the bugs worked out

Xeero

• Archived User
X-bit Vs Xectuor 2.2
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2003, 04:06:00 PM »

QUOTE (mirx999 @ Aug 17 2003, 11:17 AM)
QUOTE (CaliSurfer008 @ Jul 9 2003, 07:40 PM)
Xecuter2.2 is a chip made by a very well established/trusted company who puts months of hard work and dedication into their chips...it is a brand name chip that is the best of the best...

The X-Bit is made by a company that started off making Ps2 chips...this is their first venture into the Xbox scene and I do not find them very popular...I have not really heard this much about those chips...

I would HIGHLY recommend an Xecuter chip as they have been around for awhile and know their stuff...they have always found ways to better their chips and I will always choose them. Also..the X-Bit chip isnt even released yet so I would go with an Xecuter

Powa to Team Xecuter!

I highly doubt team xecuter got their start on the xbox.

As far as I know, portions of Team Xecuter got their start putting out a chip called the Enigmah-X.

rzyzzy

• Archived User
X-bit Vs Xectuor 2.2
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2003, 05:42:00 AM »

As far as I know, portions of Team Xecuter got their start putting out a chip called the Enigmah-X.

that would explain *alot* of things...  Seems like i remember a bunch of drama coming out of the enigma camp about how they were better, smarter, faster and cheaper than anyone else... - even though their chip was second on the market...  And that  trick of patching the bios instead of replacing it ended up biting alot of modders in the butt when they tried to flash their tsops later...

chinmi

• Archived User
X-bit Vs Xectuor 2.2
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2003, 01:03:00 PM »

QUOTE (gamemaster14 @ Aug 19 2003, 07:03 AM)
maybe you should wait until x-bit version 2 or 3 comes out. by then they should have all the bugs worked out

yes...
wait for a later and stable version...

0s1r1s

• Archived User
X-bit Vs Xectuor 2.2
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2003, 10:49:00 AM »

I'm almost sure there WON'T be any problem with the xbit modchip, they have been testing it since July and waited for it to be perfect before starting to manufacture it.

psycoguy1080

• Archived User
X-bit Vs Xectuor 2.2
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2003, 11:25:00 AM »

biggrin.gif