xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Chameleon Install From Hell  (Read 69 times)

tah123

• Archived User
Chameleon Install From Hell
« on: December 30, 2003, 08:34:00 PM »

I've been having the same problem and flipping on dip 4 didnt change anything for me... any onther sugestions

Maverick0984

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2003, 11:09:00 PM »

my guess would be bad connections, the install with the solderless adapter is pretty simple

maybe your D0 is going to the wrong hole?

F1FanaticGT3

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2003, 08:52:00 AM »

Yeah just double check your connections. I had to go online and look at some pictures to find out which way it went on. Because when I first installed my chip I had the same problem and it was because I put the chip on the pogo adaptor wrong. I had it facing the wrong way. I had it facing towards the D0 wire and not away from it. If you hook it up away from it you should be fine.

Fastarr

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2003, 01:05:00 PM »

if you have the D0 wire in the wrong place the xbox will boot to normal MS dash... if you dont have the LPC's connected it will boot to normal MS dash..

if you have everything correctly connected and a bad bios... you'll get that red and green power light flashing...

ive been thru this first hand 9i flashed 2 chips witha bad bios and got the red/green flashing light... i switched the cromwell 1.8 chip to bank 1 and reflashed, then hotswapped the cromwell 2.27 once i had evox up and running on my 1.8..

hotswap is most effective, but wont work unless in bank 1  (dip 4 on, as has been said)

i dont know about FAKE chips from eb2k... but i do know about bad flashes and they suck...

whuddageek

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2004, 06:39:00 AM »

beerchug.gif
and TIA for info!

whuddageek

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2004, 04:50:00 PM »

Just to apprise that it's fixed.  Turns out that 2 of the 4 Chameleons (new batch of Dec. '03) I just got had no BIOS loaded; I had changed 1 to 1MB which keeps failing to revert to 4 x 256KB; the last one I tried worked right away.  I used the original solderless adaptor with a different XBox and this last modchip.  It booted to Executer2 when it was *supposed* to be Cromwell Linux BIOS.  No matter, though, 'cos it finally worked.  I had used the LPT programmer to load various BIOS files, but I obviously failed.  After I got good boot, I took the working Exec2 and saved it to 2 or the remaing 3 modchips, which now work.

This is just to try helping someone else in a similar boat.

On to the next learning curve...

JonDante

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2003, 02:15:00 PM »

Check your solderless adapter to make sure it is making solid contact with your motherboard.  Also try switching to bank 1 by turning on dip 4.

JD

No_Remorse_666

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2003, 02:17:00 PM »

Could be a bad cannection on the LPC points, or maybe a hosed bios on bank 0.
You could try flipping dip switch 4 down (on) This will make it boot from bank1 by default. There should be a copy of cromwel bios on bank 1 too.