xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Slayers Auto Installer  (Read 170 times)

alexh

• Archived User
Slayers Auto Installer
« on: December 30, 2003, 01:34:00 AM »

ohmy.gif

DO NOT reformat C: !!!

Just install EvoX on C:

I assume you've backed up your C: by now via FTP?

• Switch on your X-box, modchip enabled and then Boot Slayers disc.
  • When the Slayers EvoX dash has loaded, select option "5: INST/UPG XBMP, M$DASH, APPS & EVOX3921"
  • A new submenu will appear (after a few warnings?) select 5-2 INST to C:
  • Wait while it installs all your files
  • When finished take the Slayers disc out and reboot the Xbox

You should now be looking at EvoX booted from Hard drive.

Now you will have to enjoy the wonders of editing evox.ini and all the other ini programs smile.gif

Cheers

Alex

No_Remorse_666

• Archived User
Slayers Auto Installer
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2003, 09:20:00 AM »

Just put the disk in, power down and back on again and it will boot from the disk.

Kuranes

• Archived User
Slayers Auto Installer
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2003, 10:06:00 AM »

QUOTE (Fastarr @ Dec 28 2003, 07:24 PM)
ok... so the slayers image i have is correct... just burn the image to a cdrw all by itself and boot from it?

Be brave and try it! Seriously, yes, that's what you should do: put the disc in the drive, turn XBox off and on again, and enjoy the Slayer's boot screen.

Once you have Slayer's disc running you should probably ignore the option for flashing the BIOS - you already have a decent BIOS installed. Get the dashboard etc installed first, you can reflash again later if you really want.

Slayer's discs comes with excellent documentation if you need more help.

Fastarr

• Archived User
Slayers Auto Installer
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2003, 10:14:00 AM »

ok... thats what i did... and all i get is "your xbox cannot recognize this disc, please make sure its a game or dvd or audio cd, also check if its dirty or damaged. remove disk to continue" or something very close to that anyways... its the MS message... everyone's seen it... but i KNOW this media works in my drive... what do i do now?

JonDante

• Archived User
Slayers Auto Installer
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2003, 10:43:00 AM »

Are you burning FROM IMAGE in Nero?

In Nero go...File-->Burn From Image-->choose the ISO image of Slayers...burn at lowest speed.

JonDante

Fastarr

• Archived User
Slayers Auto Installer
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2003, 10:54:00 AM »

in nero, under 'file'... there's no option to "burn from image"...
but there's "burn image" under 'recorder' though...

i have nero 6.0.0.28

Vric

• Archived User
Slayers Auto Installer
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2003, 11:27:00 AM »

QUOTE (Fastarr @ Dec 28 2003, 08:54 PM)
in nero, under 'file'... there's no option to "burn from image"...
but there's "burn image" under 'recorder' though...

i have nero 6.0.0.28

then use that..  dry.gif

Fastarr

• Archived User
Slayers Auto Installer
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2003, 01:06:00 PM »

ok... clicked BURN IMAGE... opened the file called "SlaYer's EvoX Auto-Installer v2.5FINAL.iso" of size 217 MB in mode 1, disc at once, at 4x, and did NOT finalize cd (hasnt seemed to make a difference in the past)
and... it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now i am staring blankly at my evox menu... but i have no clue what to do becuz... im still an idiot/n00b...

first things first... i need to get my cousins box to the same state as mine...
if i turn my box off... take this slayers cd out... and turn it on without it... will evox still be there?

i need to do a hotswap... so... if i put my chip into his box, do i need to also put the slayers cd in and then find the option to flash mod chip or xbox v1.0 - v1.5.... its option 7 on my screen... i just wanna flash his chip...
can anyone give me a thorough yet simple and detailed itty bitty walkthrough of how to go about hotswapping it...

here's my guess, but i dont wanna mess anything up at this point:

take my chip out and replace my cousins bad chip, boot the xbox up til i get to slayers menu, switch the chips, and select flash mod chip... and then go from there... thats all i know...  
thanks for all the help this far everyone... im gettin excited finally

alexh

• Archived User
Slayers Auto Installer
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2003, 03:42:00 PM »

RTFM

There is a PDF in the slayers ZIP file you downloaded READ IT. It will show you what to do.

if i turn my box off... take this slayers cd out... and turn it on without it... will evox still be there?

No. You have to install it.

i need to do a hotswap...

WTF for? And what are you swapping?

so... if i put my chip into his box, do i need to also put the slayers cd in and then find the option to flash mod chip or xbox v1.0 - v1.5.... its option 7 on my screen... i just wanna flash his chip...

If his chip has CROMWELL BIOS installed, just install it in the usual way. Make a CD-RW with a BIOS file named appropriately, perhaps include some other DUMMY files to make the CD-RW large enough etc. Read the modchip install docs.

can anyone give me a thorough yet simple and detailed itty bitty walkthrough of how to go about hotswapping it...

1) dont hot swap, install normally
2) see (1)

For future reference using Slayers with a new XBOX with a flashed MODCHIP / Pheonix using the RETAIL HD:

NOTE: You should first link up via Ethernet crossover cables (or a hub)

A) Once booted Slayers select option 2: Save BIOS / EEPROM (XBOX C:backup)
B) Select option 7: System Settings and look up the IP address of your X-Box
C) FTP to your Xbox and transfer the entire C: drive as a backup.
D) Select 6: Format Options for Any XBOX V1.x HD
E) Select 6-6) Format only F: Partition (if you have a 10Gig Seagate you now have a 2Gig F:)
F) Select option 5: INST/UPG XBMP, M$DASH, APPS & EVOX3921.
G) Select either 5-1 or 5-2 (depending on whether you successfully made F:)

If you select 5-1 (Install to F:)

H) Select 7: Flash Mod chip or XBOX v1.0-v1.5 ON-BOARD TSOP
I) Select 7-6: Flash 256K MOD or v1.2-1-5 TSOP w/X2-4977 *FC*

You can of course go straight to step (D) but I do not recommend it.

Cheers

Alex

Fastarr

• Archived User
Slayers Auto Installer
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2003, 04:43:00 PM »

ok... 1st of all...

i've posted this multiple times but here it is again...

i flashed 2 chips, each with a bad bios (my bad)
one chip was cromwell 1.8, other chip was cromwell 2.27 (both chameleons)

i switched banks on the 1.8 and reflashed successfully with X2 4977 and then made a slayers cd and i can boot from it fine...

i switched banks on the 2.27 and it frags no matter what... [if you need to know the details of the frag here: chip is in correctly... press power... xbox tries to boot but fails... tries again but fails... tries a 3rd time and flashes the power led around the eject button RED and GREEN... and there is NO video output whatsoever........ .......disconnect chip completely and it boots to MS dash]

so i think i NEED to hotswap...  (hotswap was unsuccessful... details: boot slayers evox with working chip and select option 7 flash mod blah blah and then switch the chips... then select 7-4: flash mod with x2 4977 or something and it says "flash not writeable")

2ndly...
i have ftp access to my xbox with the 1.8 chameleon and x2 4977 and slayers and i did the "Save BIOS / EEPROM (XBOX C:backup)"...

how do i install evox to my xbox??

alexh

• Archived User
Slayers Auto Installer
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2003, 05:26:00 AM »

i have ftp access to my xbox with the 1.8 chameleon and x2 4977 and slayers and i did the "Save BIOS / EEPROM (XBOX C:backup)"...

I thought I had been so clear!

• Switch on your X-box, modchip enabled and then Boot Slayers disc.
  • When the Slayers EvoX dash has loaded, FTP to your box and transfer the entire C: drive to your PC for backup.
  • In the Slayers menu use up and down on the DPAD to select "6: Format Options for Any XBOX V1.x HD" Press A on the controller.
  • A new submenu will appear (perhaps after some warnings). Select "6-6 Format only F: Partition"(if you have a 10Gig Seagate you now have a 2Gig F: partition)
  • Select option "5: INST/UPG XBMP, M$DASH, APPS & EVOX3921"
  • A new submenu will appear (after a few warnings?) select either 5-1 or 5-2 (depending on whether you successfully made F:)

If you select 5-1 (Install to F:) you may need a new BIOS in order to boot from F:

• Select "7: Flash Mod chip or XBOX v1.0-v1.5 ON-BOARD TSOP"
  • A new submenu will appear, select "7-6: Flash 256K MOD or v1.2-1-5 TSOP w/X2-4977 *FC*"

These are ultrasimple IDIOTS step by step instructions. If you cannot understand these instructions you are a moron (sorry but it's true!)

Cheers

Alex

Fastarr

• Archived User
Slayers Auto Installer
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2003, 08:39:00 AM »

alex, thanks for the detailed replies... i understand the steps and im not an idiot really, i just finally got evox to boot on my xbox after over a month of dealing with my thomson and i'd rather not screw anything up.  im using a hub with straight-thru cables and its fine (though that's unrelated to the subject)...but i DID back up my entire C drive...

but right now my biggest concern is my cousin's chip...
it FRAGS... badly... we've tried everything to get an xbox to boot with this chip in it but changing banks doesnt effect a thing.  i can get evox on my xbox, thanks to you.  so i appreciate your help and instructions.

if a hotswap wont work for his chip... is there anything else left i can do besides requesting a return/exchange from eb2k?

Fastarr

• Archived User
Slayers Auto Installer
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2003, 09:21:00 AM »

arright... i followed everything step by step... formatted F successfully, then i did option 5-1 to install evox and xbmp and apps to "LARGE HD (F:)"... it spent a little time and then was finished, then i reflashed my chip with X2 4977 *FC* and it showed a bar and took its time to do what it did and said now flashing and flash successful so i rebooted without the disc and it went straight to MS dashboard...

should i try 5-2) Inst/Upg XBMP, Apps, EvoX - Retail HD (C:)   ???

ive backed up every single folder/drive from my xbox to my pc via ftp... just to be safe... so its all there

____post edit:::         after following ur steps i ftp'd my box and drive F: was completely
____emtpy, although it told me it formatted it and everyhing would be deleted, and then
____told me it was writing to it...

i wanna be able to boot evox without the cd...

Fastarr

• Archived User
Slayers Auto Installer
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2003, 04:09:00 PM »

thank u for clearin that up!!

i definitely have a western digital so ill definitely just reformat my C drive... and install evox there

or should i not reformat it??

thanks again...