xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Chameleon Xbox 1.1 Install Problem  (Read 94 times)

Ape Escape

• Archived User
Chameleon Xbox 1.1 Install Problem
« on: July 07, 2003, 12:41:00 PM »

Anyone?

CaliSurfer008

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2003, 12:53:00 PM »

well it obviously means that you are not installing your chip correctly...wut method did you use for the install?

dookie

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2003, 02:27:00 PM »

I'm experiencing the same thing.

I have a X2.1 Pro on a XBOX v1.2.  When i power up the xbox my xbox shuts down 2 times and than turns on with a green/red jumping power button.  the forums call this a FRAG (Flashing Red And Green).  When I DISABLE the X2.1 Pro, it's fine too.  I have no idea what's wrong.  Please help also.  =) Thanks!

vidgms4me

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2003, 02:29:00 PM »

Check you lpc points.  Make sure no solder is touching or anything.

explicitlyrics100

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2003, 03:06:00 PM »

heres for a little understanding in the newbie tent.  What a xbox chip does is it changes the bios that the xbox boots, this allows it to play unsigned code.  To allow the xbox to boot a bios other than the onboard bios you must ground d0, this causes the xbox to search accross the lpc points for an alternate bios to boot (used by M$ to reflash xbox that got broken somehow). if it cannot find a new bios on the lpc then it will frag (flash red and green). when the chip is then turned off by ungrounding d0, the chip boots from the onboard bios and all is fine. makes sense?

explicitlyrics100

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2003, 05:56:00 PM »

no, sounds more like an install problem, just check the lpc pins over and over and over - the solder really has to sink into the via's and make very good contact witht he jumper and the m/b

bobotan

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2003, 09:21:00 PM »

QUOTE (explicitlyrics100 @ Jul 8 2003, 02:56 AM)
no, sounds more like an install problem, just check the lpc pins over and over and over - the solder really has to sink into the via's and make very good contact witht he jumper and the m/b

this was what happened to me when i was trying to flash my chameleon with X2.bios, however i accidentially put the 1M version in the bios folder where i am supposed to use 256K version....  of course, the evox dash board just hangs at around 70%... then when i reboot, it was like the situation the author described....    after i dis-assemble my xbox and change the DIP to force boot form bank 2 and flash bank 1 with the correct version...  everthing is fine now!!...  so it could be the bank empty issue....   and there ARE some chameleons shipped without a pre-flashed bios...  might be their mistake...  check all possibilities...

Ape Escape

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2003, 05:18:00 AM »

sad.gif

Ape Escape

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2003, 10:02:00 AM »

If my xbox starts and shuts down 2 times and then turns on with a green/red bumping eject button. Does that means that my D0 wire is ok? because if i desolder it works.