xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Matrix Installation  (Read 75 times)

L-Trance

• Archived User
Matrix Installation
« on: May 22, 2003, 05:40:00 AM »

well, i had the same problem and it's probably because your chip isn't alligned correctly. Clean the pogo pins with some alcool and try to put the matrix in your xbox. when you get the green light on allignement, just press on the chip with force, and fix it. Normaly. it wont move...

shurikn64

• Archived User
Matrix Installation
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2003, 06:14:00 AM »

Do you mean a "red" light on alignement for v1.1 xbox?
Do I have to expect a green matrix light when i boot with the modship in mode 2 ?

Thanx

TritheGreat

• Archived User
Matrix Installation
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2003, 08:38:00 PM »

sad.gif
I have a V1.1 Xbox as well. The light on my Matrix Mod chip for about half a second
blinks green then completely blinks red on mode 1.

When I switch to mode 2 it doesn't even boot the Xbox. Blank screen. With the same tiny
noise and green logo for the 1s and nothing. Along with the DVD not working on this mode.

In mode 3 it boots fine with red blinking lights.

And mode 4 doesn't boot with red and green blinking.

From what I've read in all the specs and tutorials V1.1 Xbox is suppose to blink green for the first 1s then blinking red the rest of the way.

I tried using EvolutionX 1.8.3752 with the Evox D.6 BIOS. If you have any questions you like to ask me you can email me at [email protected]. Maybe we can collaborate on your common problems.

The V1.1 Xbox motherboards that we have has the solder points hallowed out so our Matrix modchip can't easily shift. V1.0 has those holes filled with solder creating a problem of shifting for the modchip.

Thx for your time

sharpie00

• Archived User
Matrix Installation
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2003, 10:07:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

sharpie00

shurikn64

• Archived User
Matrix Installation
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2003, 02:52:00 AM »

laugh.gif