xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Chameleon Sounds Too Good To Be True :p  (Read 252 times)

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
Chameleon Sounds Too Good To Be True :p
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2003, 01:58:00 PM »

wouldn't say that, hey its human nature to be exited about things, and every chip to come out had a hand full of ppl saying how great the chip is weeks before it made it out.

Another thing, I'm sick of hearing ppl slamming ppl and calling them matrix fanboys. Then see the same person saying else where on the board talking up the Xcuter making them selves look like a bigot.

You were referring to me as I'm the one that said that. If you're so pissed off that I call someone a matrix fanboy maybe you should assess the situation a little. If it's true it's true. It's really all in the eyes or ears of the beholder whether they choose to be offended. If they do it is just ignorance on their part on two counts. Firstly because they are too stupid to solder. Secondly because they acknowledged that they are too stupid to solder and spent extra on a matrix and then got pissed when someone stated what they are. Also why would you be upset unless you have a matrix and think it is the best? There is no reason to get the matrix. I have experienced the matrix, cheapmods, xecuter2 lite and enigmah final. All except the enigmah are easier than matrix and the 1 meg flash the the xecuter offers is the best way to go. Don't try to stick up for something when you have no grounds to stand on. Anyone with any kind of sense can solder in a modchip. What's your excuse?

Ubergeek

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2003, 04:00:00 PM »

QUOTE (Kreepa13 @ Apr 21 2003, 04:19 PM)
hey ubergeek,

i'm a huge fan of your products, you mentioned/hinted a couple of things about the X3, so i have a couple of questions i know its stupid of me to ask them at this stage so i won't be expecting a solid reply for sure.

1. Is the mod going to have a lot of new features?
2. Have you thought about the stealth feature? ( I hope it isn't included cuz i like XBL the way it is)
3. Are we going to see a lot of changes in the prices?
4. Will it be backwards compatible with X2 adaptors?

PS: When will the forums be up on your site? Also thx for the X2L contest can't wait to get my mod.

Im happy to answer these questions

1. Yes
2. No - from our point of view its completely useless
3. Probably - all good
4. Yes and no. We may be ussing more of the LPC points, i'm not 100% sure yet

Forums will be back tomorrow on another server - the gotmod server goes down more than the Titanic movie on auto repeat.

Lordscr

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2003, 04:42:00 PM »

QUOTE (Mage @ Apr 21 2003, 07:12 PM)
Ah, so you reply here, yet you didn't reply in the other thread that was talking directly TO you.
We all know how you feel about Ubergeek and his people, well if people don't, they should read your first messages on this board.

Sorry Mage I wasn't jumping on you. Your part of the message was

"I wouldn't say that, hey its human nature to be exited about things, and every chip to come out had a hand full of ppl saying how great the chip is weeks before it made it out."

That's all for Mage, other than I'll look at the other thread that you talking about. (Looked it up) Now that I've seen your other post, what kind of nut job are you.

BCfosheezy,
I wasn't talkin to you personlly, what I was saying you allways hear ppl calling everyone else a Matrix Fanboy, but I never recall hear anyone being called a Xcuter fanboy.
Yes, have a Matrix, at the time I bought it, there was a choice between that or a Open Bioxx or what ever it was called. I think they were the same price but I choose the Matrix because it was shipped within my country.

And finaly why don't you give another look at my post, "calling them matrix fanboys". If I was really upset from what you said, I would have said "us" instead of "them".

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2003, 06:10:00 PM »

And finaly why don't you give another look at my post, "calling them matrix fanboys". If I was really upset from what you said, I would have said "us" instead of "them".

Not if you didn't want to be classified as a matrix fanboy.... which is exactly what your post was about.

No one says Xecuter fanboy because it's NOT for idiots but the matrix is. If all one has to do is screw something down and move it until the light turns green it would be great. The problem is these inexperienced individuals rave about how great this is when in reality it isn't that much harder to solder and the pogos lead to so many more problems. People who actually solder their modchip and limit many many problems such as unalignment.

If you actually wondered why people say matrix fanboy and not xecuter fanboy you sir, are an unintelligent fool.

Ubergeek

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2003, 12:41:00 AM »

tongue.gif

MrWizdumb

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2003, 02:43:00 PM »

QUOTE (darylzero @ Apr 17 2003, 09:01 AM)
Its an add on to the MAtrix chip.  You can't just buy the Chameleon by itself.

since this is already been answered like 3 times its my turn to answer....

you can by the chameleon as a standalone modchip

jester.gif  rotfl.gif  pop.gif

darylzero

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2003, 06:46:00 AM »

QUOTE (MrWizdumb @ Apr 22 2003, 04:43 PM)
QUOTE (darylzero @ Apr 17 2003, 09:01 AM)
Its an add on to the MAtrix chip.  You can't just buy the Chameleon by itself.

since this is already been answered like 3 times its my turn to answer....

you can by the chameleon as a standalone modchip

jester.gif  rotfl.gif  pop.gif

ok ok ok ok ok.  Its a stand alone chip.  I thought I read somewhere before it came out that it fit on to the Matrix somehow.  Go Chameleon! pop.gif

tntomek

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2003, 07:01:00 AM »

QUOTE (ichpen @ Apr 23 2003, 02:50 PM)
QUOTE (tntomek @ Apr 23 2003, 02:33 PM)
One more day ! ! !

If Easybuy delays it again I am cancelling my Chameleon order and getting a X2. I urge the rest of you to do the same cause like someone already mentioned, if we put up with this shit then Easybuy will only keep doing it. This type of business model might have worked 50 years ago when stuff was scarse but not in 2003. I challenge you to deliver Easybuy...but you don't read these posts anyways so why am I even saying this...

Just got a short and honest email from eb2000. Person said that he/she did not think they would commence shipping on 24th April as stated on their website.

I will however give them a 2 day grace period before cancelling my order.

Would you be able to post their reply maybe? I'm sure this would help in the waiting pain smile.gif

tntomek

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2003, 07:10:00 AM »

QUOTE (ichpen @ Apr 23 2003, 03:07 PM)
The reply is pretty much what I said in my earlier post.

No names or dates were mentioned. The person referred me to their website for updates.

Yeehaa not the website smile.gif That web admin is probably on coffe 7 hours a day...

ichpen

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2003, 08:04:00 AM »

Just keeping you informed.

So no one is surprised when the date is pushed back again.

Lordscr

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2003, 06:21:00 PM »

QUOTE (BCfosheezy @ Apr 22 2003, 01:10 AM)

Not if you didn't want to be classified as a matrix fanboy.... which is exactly what your post was about.

No one says Xecuter fanboy because it's NOT for idiots but the matrix is. If all one has to do is screw something down and move it until the light turns green it would be great. The problem is these inexperienced individuals rave about how great this is when in reality it isn't that much harder to solder and the pogos lead to so many more problems. People who actually solder their modchip and limit many many problems such as unalignment.

If you actually wondered why people say matrix fanboy and not xecuter fanboy you sir, are an unintelligent fool.

So you’re saying that people with a Matrix Mod chip are Idiots for skipping one of the many steps, no matter the reason of their dessition to purchase a Matrix chip? Does this "Idiot" category include the owners of a Xecuter X2 Lite Plus, or any one that purchased a pogo adaptor to compliment their X2 Lite or X2 Pro?

For the people who rave about the simplicity of the installation, there are many reasons for them to be gratified of the Pogo pin solution. There are the few people who have a low intelligence level, not to be able to do the soldering job them selves. There're also the people who are intimidated by electronics and the Pogo pins a good means for them to do it them selves and increase their confidence. Then there is a group that do not own, or have access to a soldering iron and the extra cost of Pogo pins is justified.

Hey, some people have different skill and abilities, but there is little skill required to install a mod chip, be it a Matrix or a Xecuter. The real difficulty is in the steps afterwards, like installing a larger HDD, setting up E-vox, or XBMP, and Emulators, learning how to burn a DVD, and flashing the chip with a newer bios.

All the things in the above list are common problem I read in this forum all the time and they affect any one no matter what chip they may have. In reality you can’t call the individuals from a picticular camp “Idiot’s” since there are “Idiot’s” from all of the camps.

I trust you will recant your “unintelligent fool” statement… Sir.

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2003, 06:39:00 AM »

QUOTE (Lordscr @ Apr 23 2003, 09:21 PM)
QUOTE (BCfosheezy @ Apr 22 2003, 01:10 AM)

So you’re saying that people with a Matrix Mod chip are Idiots for skipping one of the many steps, no matter the reason of their dessition to purchase a Matrix chip? Does this "Idiot" category include the owners of a Xecuter X2 Lite Plus, or any one that purchased a pogo adaptor to compliment their X2 Lite or X2 Pro?

For the people who rave about the simplicity of the installation, there are many reasons for them to be gratified of the Pogo pin solution. There are the few people who have a low intelligence level, not to be able to do the soldering job them selves. There're also the people who are intimidated by electronics and the Pogo pins a good means for them to do it them selves and increase their confidence. Then there is a group that do not own, or have access to a soldering iron and the extra cost of Pogo pins is justified.

Hey, some people have different skill and abilities, but there is little skill required to install a mod chip, be it a Matrix or a Xecuter. The real difficulty is in the steps afterwards, like installing a larger HDD, setting up E-vox, or XBMP, and Emulators, learning how to burn a DVD, and flashing the chip with a newer bios.

All the things in the above list are common problem I read in this forum all the time and they affect any one no matter what chip they may have. In reality you can’t call the individuals from a picticular camp “Idiot’s” since there are “Idiot’s” from all of the camps.

I trust you will recant your “unintelligent fool” statement… Sir.

No I don't "recant" my statement because it holds true.

Does this "Idiot" category include the owners of a Xecuter X2 Lite Plus, or any one that purchased a pogo adaptor to compliment their X2 Lite or X2 Pro?

ABSOLUTELY!

While I'm certain that there are people that do not have access to the skills or the equipment necessary to solder a chip in, it is in their best interest to find a way to get the chip soldered or just not do it. I had a no-solder matrix for about 3 months. That is why I take this strong anti-pogo stance. I hated every second of it. Sitting still it would misalign. I have no idea how. Also, I take my xbox everywhere so pogos would never do. I have found if you are going to have a matrix then you must still be willing to solder to ensure your chip does not become misaligned.... defeating the purpose of your no-solder chip. In reality there is no substitute for a tsop flash or chip because as long as you don't have a bad flash there's not much that can go wrong.

ANALOGY:
I don't have the money to get my new favorite cd. My alternative is to have my friend sing it to me. I choose neither until I can afford the cd.  (piracy is not an option in this case)

Try out this analogy to see my point.

rzyzzy

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2003, 10:43:00 PM »

wink.gif

it was interesting to see some of these opinions, after the chip has been out for awhile though... jester.gif
Pages: 1 [2]