xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Multibios Tsop On Live Solution W/ Matrix Maybe?  (Read 61 times)

fadeaway

• Archived User
Multibios Tsop On Live Solution W/ Matrix Maybe?
« on: April 16, 2003, 10:39:00 AM »

Heres my idea: I have been reading about how Xbox live actually detects that a modchip active, and correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't live check the MD5 checksum of the currently active BIOS? This meaning that if one had a multibios TSOP setup with the first half being an original Xbox BIOS, and the other half being a BIOS such as debug or X2 or EvoX or whatever, even if you switched to the first half to use the offical BIOS, you would still be banned because the MD5 is not the same as the original BIOS because the other half is somthing other than the original!!!! (Wow kinda long but thats the best I can understand it in my own words) Ok now heres my theroy: You could have half of the TSOP debug and the other half X2 or somthing. Now, using either of these would surley get you banned. The quick solution is to just get a 1 meg mod. But alas, most of us Matrix owners are kids that have no credit card and barely managed to get a hold of a matrix! Now, what if you were to flash the matrix with an original xbox BIOS? The offical BIOS can be split 4 ways and it will work on a 256k chip like the matrix. The MD5 checksum would be the same as the original BIOS even though it has been split 4 ways right? If this is true you could have a multibios TSOP AND a matrix installed. When the matrix is on, you would be using a regular offical BIOS and you could play on live without getting banned. When the matrix is off you just pick between your two bioses on your tsop. Does this soud like it would work?