xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xodus\matrix  (Read 69 times)

krazyK

• Archived User
Xodus\matrix
« on: November 16, 2002, 11:56:00 PM »

I'm trying to help my friend mod his Xbox and for some reason I'm having problems. I keep getting error 13 when I flash his Matrix chip using evo25 so I figured it was a bad flash so I must have reflashed it about 15 times using 3 different computers and I still get the same error message. When I flashed it using evo23 it loaded up the Xbox dashboard fine but I can not get it to read any CD\RW disc. I'm using all of the same equipment that I used to mod my Xbox which is the confusing part because it worked fine on mine. The only thing that I can think of is that I have a v1, and he has a v1.1 Xbox or maybe the modchip is bad and he needs to send it back.

krazyK

• Archived User
Xodus\matrix
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2002, 12:46:00 AM »

Ok I searched the forums and tutorials and I believe that I need a special v1.1 bios which I don't have to make this work.

Cornholio

• Archived User
Xodus\matrix
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2002, 06:19:00 AM »

If you flashed it with evox2.3 and it booted, then it isn't a v1.1 Xbox. (Unless you did something wrong, and it was just booting with the original BIOS.)

*NO* current EvoX BIOS will work AT ALL on a v1.1 Xbox.

Check the KERNEL version on the MS Dash info page.

krazyK

• Archived User
Xodus\matrix
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2002, 04:13:00 PM »

I'm pretty sure that it is a v1.1 xbox it has has a different power supply and 4034 (I think; I closed back up the box) on the mother board and mine does not. The thing that I don't get is that I'm flashing using a color bios and the xbox flober looks ok it starts up with a red logo (same as mine) but never loads the "MS" wording under it. Then the eject light flashes red and green and I get message 13 on the screen.

krazyK

• Archived User
Xodus\matrix
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2002, 04:18:00 PM »

QUOTE (Cornholio @ Nov 17 2002, 01:19 PM)

*NO* current EvoX BIOS will work AT ALL on a v1.1 Xbox.

If this is true what bios would I need to get the Matrix to work on a v1.1?
I read on the Mod chip comparisons that they would or had released a evo2.5 bios for v1.1; do you know anything about this?

Dark Schneider

• Archived User
Xodus\matrix
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2002, 08:22:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

Col.Havoc

• Archived User
Xodus\matrix
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2002, 08:26:00 PM »

sounds like you flashed it with a ybox or evox bios. If thats the case, the bios trys to load yboxdash or evoxdash depending on what bios was used.

Your HD doesn't have those files, so therefore reports an error. Burn evox to a cd-rw and get evox loaded, copy over from ftp the default.xbe file on the cd-rw and rename it yboxdash.xbe

And if you dare ask for help like this again without giving more info or reading tutorials the

GENERATION MATRIX ™

will be the least of your problems.

duff

• Archived User
Xodus\matrix
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2002, 08:31:00 PM »

And if you dare ask for help like this again without giving more info or reading tutorials the

GENERATION MATRIX ™

will be the least of your problems.

Yea, then you will be made fun of by Col.Havoc and Dark Schneider again.  It's a horrable thing, so no more questions 'till you are as smart as them.  rolleyes.gif

krazyK

• Archived User
Xodus\matrix
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2002, 10:35:00 PM »

mad.gif

duff

• Archived User
Xodus\matrix
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2002, 11:35:00 PM »

QUOTE (Dark Schneider @ Nov 18 2002, 06:09 AM)
I was just posting another witty/dry/useless post just for the hell of it!  jester.gif  jester.gif  jester.gif

Actaully, so was I...  cool.gif  Everyone's got a different sense of humor, eh?!