xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Matrix Users Warning/advice  (Read 153 times)

0rbital

• Archived User
Matrix Users Warning/advice
« on: November 12, 2002, 09:13:00 AM »

Well everyone said pogo pin chips would require reseating and they were right.  I've had to open the box up every 2 weeks or so and reseat (last couple times I just pushed the chip down and didn't need to actually move it).  No big deal... I never take my box anywhere so I only have a couple screws it for fast realigns.   I may end up getting an Xecuter 2 and soldering a header on the LPC bus in the future.

Dirkbox

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2002, 09:25:00 AM »

No problem with the pogo pins.  Just think that the force pulling on the standard screw is too much thus putting a slightly bigger screw in saves the day.

I too am thinking about getting a soldier chip, depends what it really offers me (rather than hype)  over my current chip.  If my current chip behaves then things might not change.

duff

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2002, 01:25:00 PM »

I am a little leary of flashing my TSOP, but if I start having problems like you guys are I will just do it.  I have had my matrix installed for about 2 weeks with no problems so far.

ZildjianKX

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2002, 11:27:00 PM »

Don't bash pogo pins so much, it makes a mod chip REALLY easy to upgrade.  Its 10000 times easier to upgrade from a matrix to an xecuter to than from a OpenXBOX to the Xecuter 2...

duff

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2002, 11:43:00 PM »

QUOTE (modman316 @ Nov 13 2002, 05:07 AM)
The Matrix is not worth the time. Pogo Pins are for noobs that have no skill. if you know that you have some soldering skill then just buy a X-2 and solder it In. It's will be real easy and will save you a shit loud of time and a few bucks.  just a thought

Then don't buy one.   rolleyes.gif

sonic-iso

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2002, 05:29:00 AM »

the pogos are a bad idea they rarely work right...

duff

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2002, 09:05:00 AM »

QUOTE (sonic-iso @ Nov 13 2002, 12:29 PM)
the pogos are a bad idea they rarely work right...

Pogo pins are working great for almost everyone.  There are a few that are having problems, but there is always a % of people who will have problems with any product.  Soldering is more secure, but pogo pins will work great for most who cannot solder.

aragorn

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2002, 10:06:00 AM »

Maybe you guys are overtighten the screw. I have had my matrix in for over 1 month now and not a single problem. When I put it in I did'nt use much force to screw it in.

Sheriff

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2002, 11:18:00 AM »

laugh.gif  Matrix owner now since the first shipment! And noooo trouble.
Gotta say I love this mod and now with this new trick being able to flash the tsop it is hands down the best mod out. in my opinion anyways.

Sheriff

(even though I pooched the tsop flash and now cant do it  wink.gif  )

duff

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2002, 07:23:00 PM »

QUOTE (stalker100 @ Nov 13 2002, 04:44 PM)
Pongo pins are not ok. I don’t know how many posts I have read the last couple of weeks with people having trouble with there Matrix chip and the Pongo pins.

The thing is that people don't start posts that say "I have never had a problem with the matrix."  What would be the point of that since this is, kind of like, a problem solving forum?  Basically there have been thousands of matrix units sold and a very small % have had problems; these problems are what you hear about here.  How many times do you call M$ and say "hey guys my Xbox is still working, thanks"?  That would be ridiculous.

And I also speak of own experience, for two days have I tryed to install the Matrix chip. I must say that I’m very disappointed with it. Today I would go for a solderchip

If you can't install a matrix you should not attempt soldering anything!  I'm being serious, the matrix is VERY easy to install.  Just trying to save your Xbox for you.

ozweepay

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2002, 08:08:00 PM »

Exactly duff.
People generally come to these forums to get their problems solved, which is why you see more posts by people with problems than not. If I don't have a problem, why would I bother posting a message to tell everyone? Whereas if a problem arises, you want to get an answer, so you post in a public forum. Kinda cosmic, but the more intelligent among us should be able to wrap their minds around it.

duff

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2002, 08:18:00 PM »

QUOTE (ozweepay @ Nov 14 2002, 03:14 AM)
QUOTE (Dirkbox @ Nov 13 2002, 12:13 PM)

.....Mod-chip bashing is like me saying to you,"your wife said I had a bigger dick than you".  No point to it just to belittle the other person. No point in modchip bashing.....

Great analogy, and good point.
Then I like the very next post by sonic-iso:
"the pogos are a bad idea they rarely work right..."

I guess your point fell upon deaf ears........ laugh.gif

And he was the one who pined the "no bashing" post...   rolleyes.gif
This post won't be here long because he will get rid of it so he doesn't look so dumb.  That guy is a walking contradiction (and a moderator here, isn't that just great)

hpz937

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2002, 09:48:00 PM »

ppl with pogo pins may want to use dialectric greese (did i spell that right) none the less it will create a bit better conduction between points. just a thought.

duff

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2002, 10:13:00 PM »

QUOTE (POTF @ Nov 14 2002, 04:55 AM)
I wonder how he is a head moderator, I mean I didn't seem him before some of the bashing started, then bam and here he is laying the "smack down" or something like that.

I think he is somehow associated with team xecuter, or just a huge Xecuter fan.  He pins a posts to not bash mod chips, but still bashes the Matrix afterwards...   uhh.gif

I just don't understand his logic (lack of), and also question how he got to be a moderator.