xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: What Do I Do If I Want To...?  (Read 78 times)

xdrei

• Archived User
What Do I Do If I Want To...?
« on: October 31, 2002, 02:43:00 PM »

What do i have to do if i want to get rid of my current non-working modchip (either because a solder point is loose or something else is not working) and place a matrix in the same spot?  Do i have to sand down the points?  does it have to be done perfectly?  If i dont care about anything other than using burned dvds (no added hdd or anything else) what is the best/easiest bios to use?  

I'd really appreciate the help since my xbox hasn't been working for a while and i've been trying to fix it.  Any suggestions will be extremely helpful.

Xboxohaye

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2002, 09:37:00 PM »

My suggestion would be to get someone who knows what they are doing to tinker with your xbox's internals, because by the sounds of things you have no idea at all what the hell you are doing.

TeMpTeD

xdrei

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2002, 01:05:00 PM »

xboxohaye, that's exactly what i would like to do but i dont know anybody in the boston area who can help.  my friends dont know any more than i do and how am i supposed to find someone willing to help me with this?  If u knew of someone who could help or how to find one it'd be great.  I got my xbox modded by premodded.com and it worked fine for a few months, but now... nothing.  They are indeed in the boston area but they haven't been going online or answering my emails...

xdrei

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2002, 09:56:00 PM »

does the matrix use the same points as the enigmah clone i have?

Scan-C

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2002, 03:41:00 AM »

you use a enigmah?then you can just cut it and place the matrix on the lpc.both chips are using different points.