xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox With Matrix Mod Chip Is Not Booting  (Read 125 times)

calientedentrodeti

• Archived User
Xbox With Matrix Mod Chip Is Not Booting
« on: October 28, 2002, 05:17:00 PM »

I installed a Matrix mod chip on my xbox. It worked fine for well over a week. I was playing games off the hard drive - I was even recording DVD movies to my VCR. This morning I installed the Quake2 on the Xbox Hard Drive. It worked very nicely - I was having a ball playing one of the classics. I played around with the video settings and was no longer able to see the game on screen. I figured I had to delete the game settings for Quake2 so that it would revert to the default video settings. I deleted all of the items within the follwing directory in the xbox hard drive:

E:\Udata\abbafff0

I restarted the Xbox and the game was working once again. I was Happy! Then all of a sudden the screen gave me jibberish and it seemed like the xbox was frozen. I restarted the xbox and all I got was a blank screen. I guessed that maybe the matrix chip became misalligned. I opened up the Xbox to align the chip and also decided to re-program the mod-chip just incase the evox bios had gone bad. After putting everything back together and powering up - once again all I got was a blank screen. The Xbox eject button flashes in green only during startup and as it reads the DVD after that it doesn't flash and it only gives me a solid green light.

So to summarize: I don't get the evox Xbox logo, when I removed the matrix chip I didn't get the MS Xbox logo either - all I'm getting is a blank screen even though the xbox is not giving any visual signs of trouble. Has Qauke2 fragged my Xbox or is there hope?

If I've been fragged does anyone know of an xbox repair shop in the Los Angeles area?