xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: For All Those That Successfully Mod Their Matrix  (Read 185 times)

AngryHippo

• Archived User
For All Those That Successfully Mod Their Matrix
« on: October 25, 2002, 09:52:00 AM »

Yeah It lights up red when connected to the port. (You are connecting it directly with no cable arent you)

Also try chaning the baterry?

seemyxbox

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2002, 10:00:00 AM »

yeap - connect directly to the parallel port.

what pin settings are you using?  mine is set to default both are on.

i've read somewhere else that the light doesn't lit at all until it's connected onto the xbox.  i don't know since mine doesn't light up.  i'll have to change the battery to see if it does light up.

can you tell me how you get yours to work?

AngryHippo

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2002, 10:11:00 AM »

well I just left it on the default settings (both on, i dont think it matters though as i think it automatically goes into write mode when plugged into port). and plugged in my port installed giveio drivers and rebooted and everything worked fine from that point on.

One question did you connect the chip to the prgrammer b4 putting it in the port because if you connect your chip after you plug the programmer into your port it can fry your programmer.

The led will defninetly go red when it is connected and ready for prgramming.

seemyxbox

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2002, 10:15:00 AM »

everything's connect before plugging into the parallel port.  last thing to do is a brand new 9V battery.

bearauto

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2002, 10:23:00 AM »

Here was MY problem (you're probably not as dumb as I am):

I didn't connect the modchip to the programmer fully.  It was partly on, but not COMPLETELY connected.  You have to squeeze that puppy tight.

seemyxbox

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2002, 10:28:00 AM »

i checked that too and it's all the way down.  it can't go any further.

dumpav

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2002, 10:37:00 AM »

i have problem running both flash application wmilk and that new window flash app on my dell machine at work.

it just keep said not detect the thing. I have try every eep, ecp, no p, XX p... still no detect!
(btw, it is a win2k system, running pIII 677)

i then go home run it on my winXP pIII 1G on asus motherboard. it detect it right away. The only thing is i need to set the delay to abit to the right side in the setting. otherwise, it give error when try to flash.

The strange thing is, after it flash, and when it verify, it run to the end of the bar, but not saying finish verify, just stood there, so i need to just click "done" and close the app.

yeah, i hope Matrix developer make a chip more compatiable to different machine. It is very frustrating to see ordering such expensive chip and not getting it to work!

also regarding putting the chip on the motherboard? maybe if someone put together a 3 pin aligment device, so people can insert into that 3 tiny hole on the mb to match the motherboard.

seemyxbox

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2002, 11:11:00 AM »

what do you mean by setting the delay to abit?  are you talking about the delay transmission for the lpt port in Windows Device Manager.

I bought a brand new 9V battery.  Attach everything together and put it on the parallel port on the computer and still no RED LED light.  Did I get a broken/unworkable programmer and/or modchip?

spongebobpalmbay

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2002, 11:20:00 AM »

Your flasher is no doubt screwed up - a bunch of them are...  look at the components on the flasher under a scope - where you see the row of 3 lead devices - the 2nd or 3rd over was not mounted incorrectly on a bunch of them - it hangs off the pad.

Throw some solder at the lifted lead and you should be able to get it to hit the pad.

seemyxbox

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2002, 11:43:00 AM »

Can some describe what their programmer looks like especially for the 2nd & 3rd row of chips or devices.  What I have for the 3rd row is kind of weird.  I'm not sure if it's suppose to be that way.  

I'll try to describe the best I can.  For the 3rd row of devices that are to the left of the pins sticking up where you plug in the modchip, I have only 2 devices and the third location doesn't have a device but just 2 blobs of solder.  The second device on this row is solder kinda at an angle.  The device itself has 4 legs coming out of it but only 2 are soldered.

----------------------
|  []                     |
|       = ----- = []  |
|         /    /          |
|        /    /           |
|  []= ----- =        |
|                         |
----------------------

The [] represents the solder point on the board and the = signs represent the legs coming out of the device/chip.  The first [] is not solder or connected but the 2nd and 3rd [] do.

Maybe someone has a picture of the programmer that they could post here for me to look at.

seemyxbox

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2002, 01:52:00 PM »

well... i file for an exchange.  i call easybuy2000 customer service.   i told them what happens when attempting to flash chip.  according to them, if the you do not see the light flashes when you plug in onto the parallel port, chances are it's defective.  like i said earlier, i tried 4 brand new batteries - no light flashes.

hopefully, i don't have to wait very like last time.

JayBee

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2002, 04:01:00 AM »

Well I've tried 4 different PC's and all don't recognise the Programmer device even using the new WinLPC software. Tried various batteries (new/old) and port configs from standard to ECP, etc. Still no luck. Choices are -
- Return the thing  sad.gif
- Find someone in Sydney, Aus who HAS got a working set of PC/Programmer to flash mine for me   smile.gif

Any takers?

unsure.gif

SeaBass

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2002, 04:26:00 AM »

Can't help you other than the fact that you should have gone with an old school 29-wire mod.   No problems with those.  The 10+ that I've done have had no complaints tongue.gif

3viL 0n3

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2002, 02:53:00 PM »

If you live in the netherlands somewhere near Hilversum then i can flash it for ya...

gazer

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2002, 05:35:00 PM »

I had the same problem -the red LED was on but I  could not flash the chip until I PINCHED the matrix and the programmer together and held them together while the chip was being programmed.  That solved my problem - Winlpc worked like a charm - the programmer was plugged directly into my printer port and the port was set at EPP, 378, IRQ 7, and of course the 9 volt battery was in the programmer.

I hope this helps...

gazer

Pages: [1] 2