xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Matrix/xodus Install Footage!  (Read 581 times)

ferrell

• Archived User
Matrix/xodus Install Footage!
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2002, 08:43:00 PM »

blink.gif

Ronnie

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2002, 09:09:00 PM »

If this chip can hold more than 1 bios does that mean it replaces the onboard bios?I have the xtender 1.1 bios onboard rather than on a mod chip and I was thinking I could use this to store the original bios or a bios that is updated for  the games that are made to detect mods.

And they never said it would hold more than a single bios,right?

RickH

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2002, 09:30:00 PM »

Removed!

ferrell

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2002, 09:56:00 PM »

QUOTE (RickH @ Sep 23 2002, 03:30 AM)
QUOTE (Dark Schneider @ Sep 22 2002, 10:53 PM)
Man I do have to say that this is what the X-ecuter should have been in the first place. Gotta give the chip maker props on modding the X-ecuter design as such.

If I buy another box..which would be soon with all these new revisions...I would definately look into this type first.

WARNING... RANT ON!
Tell me why I am the only person here thinking how dumb this idea is. Don't you guys realize how unreliable a compression fit on something like this will be??? Do you realize the heat stresses exerted on all the components inside the X-Box will make this thing very, VERY unreliable after just a short time? I don't want to burst your bubble but I can see a couple problems with this. Any item that relies on pressure to hold the 9-10 pins in place is guaranteed to fail. I know they are giving you people what you want but a soldered on Xecuter will be much more reliable in the long run than any compression fit device. This new mod will be lucky if it works for a couple of weeks before becoming intermittent. Heating inside the machine is going to cause intermittent contact on the pads and cause the installation to fail within a short period of time not to mention corrosion. That is not to say that just opening the box and loosening the screw and retightening it will not fix it but come on, aren't we just asking for trouble? How many times do you think you can open a static sensitive device like the X-Box and adjust your mod before you cause a new problem.. I guess it should be looked at this way, if you plan on keeping your box for an extended period of time, go with the Xecuter and don't ever worry about the install. If you just want something that you connect to the X-Box and use for a while until something better comes out, go with the Matrix!

Sorry for the Rant but you guys really need to step back and take a look at things before you jump heads first into this. Those on the bleeding edge of this one may bite off more than they can chew!

RANT OFF!

Do you really believe that the heat inside the xbox is going to be a problem? I'm guessing the maximum heat inside the xbox will be 120F - 140F. This is not anywhere near the point where the solder will begin to soften. Even taking into the account of the on-off heat cycles present inside the xbox (60F - 140F at most), is this going to cause enough mechanical stress on the materials (metal, solder, fiberglass) to  have them deteriorate into a situation where prolonged physical integrity is not possible? Also keep in mind that in addition to the force bearing down on the board in the Z axis, the board is held securely in place along the X axis and Y the axis by at least five points.

DaGamePimp

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2002, 12:58:00 AM »

wink.gif
-- I have heard some other things that I will not mention just in case it is not true but if it is - Oh Brother is this THE chip to own biggrin.gif !!! The above post about heat issues is not a very valid point , if the box gets hot enough to effect the solder then there are other issues to be dealt with [ under normal conditions this should never happen ] . I wouldn't use it as a portable Xbox with the screen however wink.gif .
-[DGP]-

HOF

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2002, 02:09:00 AM »

Won't one of the switches be turn the 'detect contact' LED on and off? Surely it's not on all the time...

^^^Maximus^^^

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2002, 02:42:00 AM »

dry.gif

beerchug.gif

stiGGy

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2002, 03:18:00 AM »

the only thing left that this chip could do that i might possibly want in the future is making it work on the new style Xbox, if they do that there gonna earn a fortune off this chip

Blueboy

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2002, 04:54:00 AM »

Don't think it's a wonderful idea a 'pressure contact modchip', but I will buy it the same, 'cause it's the simplest to remove.
But I have  a question since I decided to modify my xbox:
Is there a connector on the pcb, for the programmer, right? Why the hell, do not use another connector instead of pads???
I think I'm reinventing warm water, it's so difficult to understand it for these groups (Xodus and Xecuter)? Boh?

kloenie

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2002, 05:09:00 AM »

where can i buy this chip ?
i live in the netherlands, where can i buy it best ?

ravencry

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2002, 05:21:00 AM »

currently on www.xodus-chip.com they have a link to easybuy2000

i think they are the only ones selling it

mvm

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2002, 05:58:00 AM »

QUOTE (kloenie @ Sep 23 2002, 11:09 AM)
where can i buy this chip ?
i live in the netherlands, where can i buy it best ?

Tot nu toe is easybuy de enige reseller. De verschepingskosten naar nederland zijn 29$ Mischien is het een goed idee om een groepsbestelling te doen, dan kunnen we de verzendkosten delen.

RickH

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2002, 08:28:00 AM »

Removed!

RickH

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2002, 08:32:00 AM »

Removed!

falz

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2002, 08:48:00 AM »

OK, people. I read all of the posts in this thread, and other threads about this chip since the pictures came out. There's one screw. Doesn't this make you think that it could horribly just pivot a bit and bee off-kilter?

I couldn't tell by the pictures if it somehow had borders and edges which made it nudge nicely against other chips on the xbox motherboard. It seems to me that it could easily just pivot, and potentially short something out.

Also, since the screw is on one side only, the tighter you get it, the less the contact will be on the opposite side of the board. A good idea, I guess I will just have to hear the success rate to see how they did.

If there were TWO screws (and obviously there cannot be unless the board had some strange wing off the other side) it would be a different story.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4