xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Matrix Vs. Pc-bioxx  (Read 127 times)

atomon

• Archived User
Matrix Vs. Pc-bioxx
« on: September 22, 2002, 05:38:00 PM »

besides the fact that there is no soldering involved for the matrix chip, what differences are there between the two chips? is one better than the other? plz let me know. also, would anyone be interested in buying my pc-bioxx?

atomon

• Archived User
Matrix Vs. Pc-bioxx
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2002, 05:52:00 PM »

so there are no features that were in the BioXX that are not in the Matrix? basically i got a bioXX and fucked point 9 up and fried my box. i got a new box and i found someone who will solder my bioXX in for 50 bux. is it worth the money to just do the Matrix or should i just pay a guy to solder my bioXX? does the matrix support a HDD swap? i have a 80 GB maxtor i wanna put on it. my basic needs are going to be that i can go out to blockbuster, rent a game, copy it to my 80 GB HD, return it, play the game at high speeds from my HD whenever i want. will i be able to do this? will i be able to flash fxp into it and put boXplorer on it?

atomon

• Archived User
Matrix Vs. Pc-bioxx
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2002, 06:00:00 PM »

are there any more dangers if you have the matrix? what if MS implements security where it tries to write over the bios?

DaCxKasD

• Archived User
Matrix Vs. Pc-bioxx
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2002, 06:04:00 PM »

something exist called a switch to turn bios update on/off

ravencry

• Archived User
Matrix Vs. Pc-bioxx
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2002, 06:22:00 PM »

smile.gif

i am in europe
i will be more than happy if i get it by next week!

considering they said 48 hours they should start shipping on Tuesday or Wednesday the latest.

laugh.gif

Xboxohaye

• Archived User
Matrix Vs. Pc-bioxx
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2002, 06:27:00 PM »

Ravencry, your in europe too? Where abouts? I can imagine that your gagging to get your new chip delivered, but aren't you at all pissed at having to shell out $29?  for overseas shipping? Thats a con! Hopefully when they open the offices in London they will send the matrix from there too. Who knows, if i have to wait any longer i might explode or end up paying the god damn $29!

Dwad

• Archived User
Matrix Vs. Pc-bioxx
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2002, 11:20:00 PM »

Yeah that $29 shipping does suck. I'm in Australia, and just ordered one. In AU$ it came to a total of $165! When I bought the PCBioXX from Lik-Sang for my bro, the total was AU$142, and the shipment arrived in 3 days exact! By the looks of it, I won't be seeing my Matrix Mod till next Monday or something! They say 3-10 days shipping! That sucks ass! For AU$54 shipping, I'd want that shit at my door 4 days from when I placed the order! But, what can ya do?