OG Xbox Forums > All other Alternative Modchips and Cheapmods

Update Bios On [old] Modded Xbox

(1/1)

shambles1980:
aladdin chips should be writable when wired as always on.

however i don't know how yours is wired. if you can you could try soldering the BT wire to a ground point this can be a screw hole. or pin 2 on the lpc.

again however I would recommend using hexen. the bios flashing utility in hexen is pretty user friendly.
the bioses are nice with good lba support. "other disks may have bioses that you really don't need to be using"

so check where bt is wired to.. and try using hexen.

shambles1980:
hold the popwer button in for more than 2 seconds when you turn the xbox on.
that should make it flashable
"thats provided bt is wired to where i think its wired up to from the pic"

shambles1980:
QUOTE(light_in_tunel @ Aug 31 2012, 10:59 AM)
But that's how I always do it. if i just press it normally I get error 05 - hDD I guess

normal press = stock bios "error 5 is because hard disk is not locked. you may want to lock it"
1 second press = boot frpom chip. "flash protected"
2 second or longer = boot from chip not flash protected "this should let you flash the chip"

At least thats how it should be..

like i said though if you strap bt to ground it will always be on and flashable. however your chip seems to have been wired in a prety strange way "directly to the bios chip" when really it should have been solderd to solder pads..

any way Hold the power button down for for longer then try.

shambles1980:
all i can say is..

solder the BT wire to a screw hole on the mother board so the chip is always on. that way you eliminate any variables of the boot process...

Bt wire is the long one that goes down to near where the controllers plug in..
if you cut that wire with scisors then solder it so its connected to a screw hole the chip will always be on... and you wont have to hold the button down to use it..

but any way..

this is the best ic an offer other wise.

shambles1980:
Hi i would definatly use hexen for a aladin chip.
it should be a 256k bios. you would need to know your xbox verison as well..
1.0-1.5 I would probably use IND or M8+ bios.
but on a 1.6 i would really only use the m8+ bios for 1.6 xboxes.
all these bioses are on the hexen disk. You need to burn it to dvd-r "not cd" at the slowest speed you can.

It will take a while to fully boot "so give it a few minuets before you day it did not boot"

Its a simple matter of going to tsop/chipped tools.
"non winbond flash" then select your xbox version and finally chose a 256k bios. and wait for it to restart your computer.
All the bioses on hexen will have lba 48 support. but the m8+ bios would need to be edited if you ever wanted to remove the dvd drive.
the ind bios will nativly work without a dvd player installed. and is easy to configure. so probably the better bios if you can use it "1.0-1.5" xbox.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version