xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Aladdin Wont Work  (Read 267 times)

karim_ps

• Archived User
Aladdin Wont Work
« on: September 09, 2010, 01:46:00 PM »

Hi there
I have a 1.6 mobo that is softmoded , i couldnt access the menu because of the (i believe) bad softmod but it read backups properly ,i  installed a super Aladdin  live chip , im not sure whether its compatible with v1.6 or not ,it wont work whatever i do ,when i turn it on the chip's led turn blue and it lights up with orange leds then shut itself down and then start up all by itself after a second it doesnt matter if i press and hold the power botton or not ,it does the same thing ,i happened to unlock the drive by Frostys XBOX Rescue Disc v1.0_2 and know i get error 5

please help

Dark Mod

• Archived User
Aladdin Wont Work
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 09:11:00 PM »

hey bro...by chance did you rebuild the LPC bus frame and cut the L frame trace for the alladin chip to work?

karim_ps

• Archived User
Aladdin Wont Work
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 03:04:00 PM »

no, i didnt ,i dont know how to do that ,could you explain please

Dark Mod

• Archived User
Aladdin Wont Work
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 09:16:00 AM »

http://www.aladdin-c...laddin1.6ab.jpg

This is for your 1.6 xbox...all alladin diagrams work, you MUST rebuild the LPC frame in order to get the xbox to work.

http://xbox.bula.nu/...aysenabled.html

scroll down until you see the picture of the Lframe and where you have to cut it

Enjoy and Happy Modding happy.gif

karim_ps

• Archived User
Aladdin Wont Work
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 02:17:00 PM »

I cant get it to work whatever i do ,I cut that track and it didn't even start , just lights up and no picture at all ,I rechecked the pcb several times, it appears that my chip is either broken on incompatible with v 1.6, it doesn't look like  that chip in the diagram its a super Aladdin live, not Aladdin XT like in that scheme but i saw in several sites that it supports my console.
Anyway, I have another box with duox3 and avalaunch, I just wanted to fix it

thanks anyway

Dark Mod

• Archived User
Aladdin Wont Work
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 02:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(karim_ps @ Sep 17 2010, 04:17 PM) View Post

I cant get it to work whatever i do ,I cut that track and it didn't even start , just lights up and no picture at all ,I rechecked the pcb several times, it appears that my chip is either broken on incompatible with v 1.6, it doesn't look like  that chip in the diagram its a super Aladdin live, not Aladdin XT like in that scheme but i saw in several sites that it supports my console.
Anyway, I have another box with duox3 and avalaunch, I just wanted to fix it

thanks anyway

is it an alladin ex or what we call alladin mini?

karim_ps

• Archived User
Aladdin Wont Work
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 03:07:00 PM »

It looks exactly like this
IPB Image

SUPER ALADDIN LIVE written on it.

karim_ps

• Archived User
Aladdin Wont Work
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 03:19:00 PM »

look here, they say that its v1/v1.6 compatible ,but not v1.6a/b or c,I don't know which version i have v1.6 a/b/c ???
http://www.evolucion...84a18939e6cd8cc

Dark Mod

• Archived User
Aladdin Wont Work
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 10:15:00 PM »

hmmmm.....it suppose to work just as the xt....no matter if it is A,B or C
ok..since as you cut the L frame trace on the mainboard, solder the D0 point to any part of the cut part on the L frame and see if it boots if not i'll PM you

Heimdall

• Archived User
Aladdin Wont Work
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2010, 02:51:00 PM »

X2.4983.67 - bad choice - doesn't support on-disk partitions, and can't be edited. Use iND-BIOS.5003, X2.4981 or Evox M8+ instead.

Did you fit the LPC rebuild board, or manually rewire the LPC connections? A 1.6 won't boot from a chip unless you do.