xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Intel Firmware Hub?  (Read 101 times)

xboxmods2977

• Recovered User
Intel Firmware Hub?
« on: April 28, 2010, 09:49:00 PM »

I was digging around in my old PC MoBo pile and came across this chip.

So far, from what I have read, it is a Firmware Hub (FWH) by Intel. It is labeled N82802AB and it was used to store the bios image for the board I took it out of.

I read the data sheet and it appears to have an LPC interface but the data sheet seems a little vague (or maybe I dunno what I'm looking at) but I have noticed is this chip has some lines that Flashroms and Eeproms do not have so I dunno... huh.gif

Further reading on it revealed that I guess they were a pain in the rear to flash in just any MoBo because intel didn't follow standards... or something like that. Some older boards actually had a jumper labeled "Intel/Non-Intel" to deal with this sucker.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone that is still around tried to use this one as a 29-wire modchip for xbox.

MistaGlock

• Archived User
Intel Firmware Hub?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 03:08:00 PM »

idk it looks like a multifunction chip looking at the datasheet. the pinouts may be different. thats a hub with multiple devices embedded on the same chip as where a flashrom is a basic nandflash with write protect/ voltage ground and multi outputs and addresses