xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Failed Xbox Mod Attempt, 3 Boots, Flashing Green But No Red?!  (Read 45 times)

bertograph

• Archived User
Failed Xbox Mod Attempt, 3 Boots, Flashing Green But No Red?!
« on: February 26, 2006, 08:00:00 AM »

Hi all, I recently modded my xbox with a variant of the muppetx chip, called an xshadow...I had originally ordered the muppet chip but they sent me this instead. However, after a number of attempts at soldering the alternative D0 point to ground, I accidentally destroyed the pad. I fixed the trace with some conductive paint and tested with the multimeter. According to the multimeter, everything is connected and I have checked around for any solder splash etc and have found none. However when the xbox is all put back together with the chip in place and the D0 now successfully connected to ground, the xbox turns on and off 3 times, before a flashing green led occurs, but with no red led. I am totally baffled  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/uhh.gif)  as I am reasonably new to the modding scene, but any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!

I have a 1.1 xbox with a samsung drive if that helps anyone!

Thnks

jitster

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 02:58:00 PM »

Remove that modchip and see if the xbox works

bertograph

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 03:06:00 PM »

Coool thanks will try that and report back! Thanks for the help  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

bertograph

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 07:46:00 AM »

I finally got round to taking my xbox apart again, and when the D0 is cut and the chip removed, the xbox works fine without a problem! What can I do, thanks in advance for any replies!

Julius Pleaser

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006, 08:19:00 AM »

Check all of your soldering for the LPC.  Most likely there is a bad solder somewhere.  If you think it is not your soldering, then try another chip.  If that works, then you know the chip is bad.

astina

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2006, 09:12:00 AM »

I've just had exactly same situation but on a v1.6b with an old Aladdin Live instead. (I've flashed M8 Plus v16 beforehand)

What I found was the "D0" and "L2" both have to be connected in ordered to get it works.

Not sure if your chip has "L2" point. According to the Aladdin chip, "L2" suppose to be "OPTIONAL - for HDD LED feature only......". I guess that's for the newer Aladdin chip but not old one.

However, there is still a problem when boot up with chip turned off. I'm not sure if it's HDD or chip's problem at this stage. Everything is boot up ok and will stop on the "XBox" screen. Won't get into original dashboard.

Hope this will help and will let you know if I've got any update.

clarkee

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006, 01:24:00 PM »

I'm having this problem as well.

Did you find a solution?

My XShadow doesn't have a switch on it, does yours?

When I successfully grounded the D0 is rebooted 3 times and then went to Xbox normal boot.

When I successfully connected the D0 to the chip, it just boots the Xbox normal stuff, this happens if i tap the power, or hold it for a second.

Anybody, anywhere, help me as this is driving me crazy!