xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Muppetx / Xshadow  (Read 50 times)

mikeymikexbox

• Archived User
Muppetx / Xshadow
« on: August 11, 2005, 10:20:00 AM »

Right... kinda fixed it myself!

I did ONE n00b-ish thing wrong and that was not turn off 'Joilet' files when burning with Nero.

I managed to flash the chip with the Evo M8 Bios, however its not the 1mb Version, but the 256k.

When I tried to flash the 1mb, I got 'flash to small' (I presume this is because there is 2 banks of 512K? even though there is no switch) so I decided to try the 256k version and now I have XBMC!!!

A few notes, my chip has 'Xshadow' on the back of it and is blue unlike the white version on the MuppetX website. Also I have NO swith on my chip unlike the white one.

Can anyone see any reason why I should flash my BIOS again? or am I ok with the 256k version.

At some point I will do a gudie for this chip, as its nice and cheap, and with my knowledge should only take 25-30 mins to install.

Anyone want one of my 13 coasters I made?

If anyone has any question let me know!

ModdingManiac

• Archived User
Muppetx / Xshadow
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 11:16:00 AM »

The "X-Shadow" is a clone Muppet and comes with a 256kb 49LF020A SST chip..I've installed a couple of these and they are basically Aladdins, only good thing is the 4 wires for BT,L1,L2 amd D0 don't need to be solder to the chip since they "mount" right on the chip via connectors (like xenium/xecuter chips)

One annotying about this chips is that if you use Evox as a Dash when you use IGR it will reboot in reguar MS Mode (Chip Off/Retail mode). For some strange reason avalaunch works fine.. Also if you edit the bios colors so the Eject Led is another color like Red instead of the regular green then when the chip is enabled the Eject LED will not turn On (again work fine in avalaunch, although if you run an app from avalaunch it will turn off the led)

ModdingManiac

• Archived User
Muppetx / Xshadow
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2005, 10:34:00 AM »

Not much you can do since the chip was coded like that..I used Avalaunch as a main for the systems tha I installed these on so if fixed the IGR during games but if you hit the Eject kid it always boots into ms bios..The reason you are getting erro 05 with the chip off is becuae your hard drive is not locked..

recomended Bios:
Xbox versions 1.0-1.5 Xecuter2 4981
Xbox versions 1.6/1.6b Evox M8_Plus

Make sure you use a 256kb Bios and rename it to BIOS.BIN....What you need to do is burn the bios with a dummy file (at least 50MB big dummy file)..Don't make an ISO image just burned them into a disk. (DVD-R media works best)

ModdingManiac

• Archived User
Muppetx / Xshadow
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2005, 01:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(mikeymikexbox @ Aug 12 2005, 09:18 PM)
Thanks for the BIOS stuff, I will look into that, just on a second note I take it I am ok to use Slayers Evo X disk to flash the bios if it has the ones you recommend?

ModdingManiac

• Archived User
Muppetx / Xshadow
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2005, 02:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(mikeymikexbox @ Aug 12 2005, 10:15 PM)
Can I run the update BIOS straight from the Slayer EVO X cd? So load Slayers Evo X boot Cd then choose flash chip etc?

View Post

clarkee

• Archived User
Muppetx / Xshadow
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 05:48:00 AM »

Has anybody installed this Xshadow with just the D0 soldered? It says that the other 3 wires are optional, is this true?