xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: Sunday Chip Sales Samples  (Read 308 times)

hippo

• Archived User
Sunday Chip Sales Samples
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2005, 03:08:00 PM »

first of all, its not new, the components are nothing new and the layout is mostly copied from older aladdins.

The chips are side by side not along the length of the board like the pictures you show. I produced a chip called the Clevermod Advance 32 and it was from those board files you show. The chips I released on the CMA32 board with the Lframe fixed is called the 'Saturday' chip. The Complex Programable Logic Device is blank when you get it. Everything you code into the CPLD is then NEW. Don't you understand that coding CPLD's is as close as you can get to owning a chip foundry and that you can look at pictures all day but you'll never be able to see the code in the chip. I can code your aladdins to fix this in 7 seconds.... can you?

The chip is programmed so that it does not tie Lframe or D0 low. This is the first chip in the world that utilizes this method I developed. You sound like you are from the Aladdin team or whatever else is left of it.  Why else are you comparing and accusing?

Here the one thing you've missed though, the aladdin pic is 020 and the Sunday is 020A. That means there's a glaring difference in the boards and operation.

Otherguy has the proto, he's East coast, I'm West coast and we've never met. Ask him how phoney it is.

menelik

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2005, 03:16:00 PM »

@hippo

as the lattice is in-system programable and i got a lpt port i should be able to update it........and, i guess the lpc should also be able to programm it (but this is only a suggestion)

no'im not from the dead aladdin group or whatever. i just think that the lframe prevention is an argument which has been lied to death from every chip developer.

otherguy

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2005, 03:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(menelik @ Feb 18 2005, 04:22 PM)
@hippo

hippo

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2005, 03:25:00 PM »

as the lattice is in-system programable and i got a lpt port i should be able to update it........and, i guess the lpc should also be able to programm it (but this is only a suggestion)

Good luck.

menelik

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2005, 03:28:00 PM »

@otherguy

what kinda proof i want? ok.....this is getting annoying, what kinda conception of scientific work do you follow? a video is no proof and a video of the developer is no proof either. an independet proof is what we need and hippo said thats its on its way so lets just wait.

when a new medicine comes out you wont get the proof after the people bought it. you gotta puplish the proof first before you sell them...thats the way things go, acceppt it.

i dont know if you people soldered some ps2, aynway. the new slim line got 2 fixes which fixed nothing before the third fix came out. the first and second fix let the box die or the box was unuseable......this is just "one" example and happend just one month ago.

hippo

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2005, 03:29:00 PM »

no'im not from the dead aladdin group or whatever. i just think that the lframe prevention is an argument which has been lied to death from every chip developer.

you mean every other mod chip developer.

menelik

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2005, 03:35:00 PM »

@hippo

yes, thats right. sorry for that mistake, didnt want to call you a liar. i hope you know what i menat by that, just think of xecuter, xenium and co...the biggest developer...

HackDaBox

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2005, 01:03:00 AM »

G R E A T   J O B  !

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S  !

Also have you had a chance to update sunday.xbe yet ? and i look forward to your next .xbe for flashing ...

HackDaBox !

hippo

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2005, 07:47:00 AM »

I looked into sunday flash issues you were having and when you dump the bios it saves it in a subdir of Udata on E. It's called bios.bin and if you boot from CD then you cant save to the flash directory on CD so this works for everyone.

Also Sunday flash does report all flash dirs starting volume improperly as D but it doesn't affect flashing performance and does parse the filename properly. Also the 020 and 020A are supported.

What other issues are you having where you can't use this with confidence?

hippo

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2005, 06:18:00 PM »

Well here is the deal. The lead time ftom SST is 4 weeks so you have a bit of time to decide on this one. The samples will be in much earlier though. You have  a week or so to kick this around. Basicly the board layout will probaly only accept text and take a look at the the photos and see what fits where 'Sunday chip' is.

HackDaBox

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2005, 06:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(hippo @ Feb 19 2005, 02:53 PM)
I looked into sunday flash issues you were having and when you dump the bios it saves it in a subdir of Udata on E. It's called bios.bin and if you boot from CD then you cant save to the flash directory on CD so this works for everyone.

Unseen Shadow

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2005, 08:33:00 AM »

wink.gif )....i don't know for sure if he is like this...but for some, the only proof good enough is them having to see for themselves. Oh and ur west coast hippo?....Me 2...Canada mind you...but its still that much closer for shipping:)

hippo

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2005, 11:07:00 AM »

I've been busy working on putting Saturday code on a bunch of boards for a friend. I might have a few hundred of these I can populate, with my luck right at the time Sunday chip arrives.  On cma32 the LS is on pad CE, on an laddin 64 it would be on L2.

More on this later

Unseen Shadow

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2005, 06:15:00 PM »

I've been busy working on putting Saturday code on a bunch of boards for a friend. I might have a few hundred of these I can populate, with my luck right at the time Sunday chip arrives. On cma32 the LS is on pad CE, on an laddin 64 it would be on L2.

More on this later

...dont get me wrong im not a techno tard...but you lost me on that one....so what i got out of that...is your reprogramming the cpld on clevermods? or aladdins or w/e .....and on the 32 version the LS is on the CE pad...and 64 LS is the l2?

...thats pretty cool if im understanding correctly?

Unseen Shadow

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2005, 08:08:00 PM »

BUMP-Up to the top you go-

Hippo .....where are you?....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14