xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: Sunday Chip Sales Samples  (Read 295 times)

hippo

• Archived User
Sunday Chip Sales Samples
« on: February 14, 2005, 11:51:00 AM »

I've reached an agreement with an old friend who has come through with the production on CleverMod's newest Sunday Chip. Our past affilliation also means he's making the chip very affordably and I'll be able to meet the pricing arrangments  I've discussed with alot of you. My previous out of stock situation will soon be over and this is good news for dear friends who I was unable to commit to lately. The best part is some pre-run sales samples are due in very soon.

I'll start taking pre-orders this week and they  will be affordable 10 packs and a free sales sample or something, see the site later in the week. I might not have enough to give everyone '1' sample if I have a repeat performance of last time so it's first come first serve.

I'll have a Clevermod flashbios to release this is a standard vanilia flashbios 3.0.3 with flash via http and disk and all that. I'll release the bios .bin, the .xbe, and the source, most likely.

ModChip Features:

World's first D0 solution that DOES NOT tie Lframe/D0 to Ground. Does not require a PCB rebuild board and uses a process I call 'Life Support". Developed for the 1.6 and 1.6b this new process works equally well on ALL models of the xbox.  CleverMod Sunday chip's new LS pad virtually eliminates the need for the D0 pad, which is kept on just for point of reference and troubleshooting. LS is the solution for the 72ma tied to ground problem brought to light from in catdog's post 'increasing the life expectancy of the 1.6'.

The 49LF020A flashrom base means better supply availability and a cheaper price. It also means a single date code range and since it's SOCKETED I can offer a return policy on the part, which is nice, if needed.

IR remote as a seperate kit means you can install the cheap plain Jane version of the Sunday Chip now and dress it up a bit later. What better way to dress it up than with remote funtions like:

***    Power on Without Mod Active (MS Bios)    ***
***    Power on With Mod Active (Linux Bios)     ***
***    Eject Tray ( Mod on if used to power up)  ***

The remote functions with a sony AV IR remote and features a learning system so you can use the un-used functions on your TV remote for example for the 3 functions captioned above. The kit Installs super easy and the implemintation includes debugging from a PC running hyperterm or a telnet client but it's optional for most situations. The footprints for the IR kit are built into every Sunday chip. IR remote, you can't touch this!

I'm providing my usual world class scene driven support with complete documentation for the rookie or the pro. Apps like Sunday Flash 1.0 which is probably the first xbe released to flash the 49LF020A. My flashbios, complete IGR and reboot from evox compatbility, all the features the other guys list as features that are really features of the bios well guess what? We have that too. The features listeds above you can use knowing  that they have been tested and developed over the last several months to insure support for deployment of the Sunday chip.

What I don't have is a big fat price tag, and that's my strongest feature. Expect cheap fast shipping to domestic locations and new cheaper international shipping right on the first order. Singles start at $12 and it gets cheaper in bulk.

This is the chip I always wanted to do and plan on supporting.  These are the ones my friends want to install.

H2H

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2005, 04:28:00 PM »

Flashbios 3.0.3 u say... that works on all exept 1.6 right? are u gonna realese some SST chips with 3.0.1 later?

Perplexer

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2005, 05:43:00 PM »

w00t!

Sign me up... oh wait, I jumped the gun...  smile.gif

Unseen Shadow

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2005, 06:25:00 PM »

Hey Hippo....awesome... you never did enlighten us on as to what the final color is going to be.  Even though i can trust your design, im going to just want to order one right now for my own personal testing purposes, with the IR kit of course, and ill order bulk on my next order, how much is it gonna cost for shipping to Western Canada, Postal Code V8Z4Z6.  Im not sure i quite get the sales samples your talking about....you mean like...buy 10 get one free or something?...would if i could lol...slightly broke at the moment....i really wanna get all my xboxes up and running with some Sunday Chips....i can probably only afford one right now....*crosses fingers for report card money* thatl be coming my way on wednesday....

hippo

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2005, 07:35:00 PM »

I'm slightly embarrassed I don't know what color they are yet. It's pretty close to valentine's day I hope they don't make em pink.

Unseen Shadow

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2005, 07:49:00 PM »

that makes two of us.....even tho pink might even be a slight improvement from red tongue.gif ....next convienient moment would you  mind getting in contact with your supplier for me:).....i still say clear with a status led in there would be awesome....another question....you think you would happen to have the name and or part number for the socket for the PIC chip for the ir addon, as i would want to make mine socketed. Why? i do not know, but i just want it ok....

Cheers,

Unseen Shadow

$langer

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2005, 11:59:00 PM »

Great news!  I have been modding a lot of v1.6s lately and I'm looking for a low priced chip that saves me the hassle of adding a resistor.  This sounds like the one!  Perhaps I could get a sample chip to test out.  If it's what I'm looking for my next order will be a bulk one for sure  smile.gif

Keep up the good work

$langer

Unseen Shadow

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2005, 12:06:00 AM »

^ ^ ^ Hey....thats what i said.....errr meant....keep us posted hippo.....whenever i see your name i think of a purple fuzzy hippo...is that wrong lol....its a scary mental image.....did you have that as an avatar before...?....or maybe that was Chancer...i donno lol

hippo

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2005, 06:25:00 AM »

just to consolidate answers:

I intend to include pin headers but seperate, not soldered on.

The flashbios will be 3.0.1 based or the most reliable one at release time. with      our return policy on the flashrom this isn't such an issue.
 I can probably swing some free samples for fellows that have been following the sunday threads.

Unseen Shadow

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2005, 10:04:00 AM »

Three cheers for hippo....hip hip hippo, hip hip hippo hip hip hippo.....ok so that wasnt funny.....i just got up ok.  Is it possible for you to give me a time frame on seeing a manual for these bad boys, im eager to check out the IR learn feature...

Unseen Shadow

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2005, 06:34:00 PM »

*BUMP* Just had another question while im at it.....when you said custom silkscreens were available on very large orders.....care to explain that one to me plz....does that basically instead of it saying sunday chip, i could have it say shadow chip or somethng like that?

$langer

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2005, 08:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(hippo @ Feb 15 2005, 01:31 PM)
I can probably swing some free samples for fellows that have been following the sunday threads.

Unseen Shadow

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2005, 10:10:00 PM »

...of course it will be diff to install...same basically...but different bad...use LS instead of d0.....and....additional points for the IR add on....but i remember hippo saying he was working on the Sundaymod Manual....not sure where he said that...but if its even half as long as the clevermod manual...well....ill have quite the stack of literature

otherguy

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2005, 11:03:00 PM »

I've done the installl on some 1.6 boxes, the instructions I have are definately not what's going to be shipped (or on the clevermod page) with the mod, but they should be similar.

(this is from memory so dont quote me)
Installs are similar to aladdin installs.
D0 is connected to the LifeSupport (LS) pad.
BT pad is connected to power button
there is also a pad for "tray" which connects to the eject button

The install is super simple and even with my preliminary manual. The install went very smoothly (the chip even boots up the shady datecode 020a chips [0441195a] - the ones from the aladdin XTs that "dont boot" link)

You're all going to love it.

edit: clarifications

Unseen Shadow

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2005, 09:51:00 AM »

FREE Bump for Hippo.  also....just wanted to see if there has been any color clarification
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14