xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Is There An Alternate D0 Point For A V1.6a?  (Read 40 times)

Chancer

• Archived User
Is There An Alternate D0 Point For A V1.6a?
« on: January 10, 2005, 10:04:00 AM »

The one you are using is the easiest one. be careful not to mess it up.
The LED only flashes when you enable the chip with the power button.
What happens when you boot with the power button?

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2005, 03:43:00 PM »

You could temporarily ground the Lframe connection and solder the BT point on the chip to pin 9 on the chip. this will enable the chip permanent. If the box still just boots the M$ bios then indeed your D0 point is not connected correctly.

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2005, 07:37:00 AM »

Lframe is the point you are calling D0. On a 1.6 its the LFrame not the D0.  Are you sure you are soldering the correct one because its quite an easy solder point to do.
I hope you did not damage the LFrame(D0) point you are having trouble with as this will have to be repaired if so.

Dra60nSlayer

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2005, 08:35:00 AM »

Sometimes the pinheader on the motherboard is badly soldered..
remove the chip and poke all the pins... pin 12 is the hardest to solder with low wattage

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2006, 04:15:00 PM »

cain87: Did your box start working??? What did you do???

I doubt he will reply, the thread is over a year old and the member has not been on line since April this year

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2006, 03:34:00 AM »

If you run a wire from the LFrame (D0) point to ground this will indeed force the box to boot the chip. If it still boots the original bios then the connection to the point is not making it.

smilinsmuggler

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 07:33:00 PM »

hi guys i just recently purchased a duo x2 gs chip and it didnt coe with any support or instructions at all, and so i googled the chip and i found a site that had some but they were not very good at all, i think i have a v1.4 xbox cuz it had a different d0 point when i was soldering it i couldnt find it at first and then i did and the hole didnt go all the way through, i didnt have the best soldering iron ever and cetainly not the best soldering job and now the box wont boot at all i was wondering if theres any advice u guys have for me iv had a softmodded xbox for a lomg time but this was my first time hard modding so im a noooob:-P

thnx