xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Spider Chip On 1.6b?  (Read 43 times)

Dave_Dean

• Archived User
Spider Chip On 1.6b?
« on: December 14, 2004, 11:22:00 AM »

I think I have the same problem - but I'm not sure.
Please update me what you think.
I have XBOX 1.6B and I installed the SPIDER , quite easily (besides that damn SHORT screw that didn't keep the chip really lined up - since it's only in 1 side).
Then when I turned it ON - I got a BLACK screen. NOTHING. No audio - No visual.
I've tried it again and again , installing the chip all over again ... but same effect.

How can it be that CROMWEL bios does NOT work in 1.6B - while the spcifically say on their web site the chip supports the 1.6B ??
It doesn't make any sense to me so I called the suplier (console source) - but they claim I installed it wrong and should read the forums for solution.
It should work with 1.6B .
They are a SHITTY company , btw . Don't buy there. They refused to replace the chip even though it doesn't work with 1.6B - as they promised will work instantly before I bought it.

So is that really a BIOS problem ? ?
How can I reflash the BIOS - if I don't have an OLD XBOX ??
I've heard about the ALADDIN programmer to work with flashing the spider chip - is that TRUE ?? did someone tried it ?

BTW , regarding your question about flashing the BIOS with old XBOX - even though the new BIOS may NOT work on the old XBOX - it will still FLASH it . Then - just simply take it out and the old XBOX will work with the original CHIP.
It doesn't need to work with the CHIP in order for the FLASHING to succeed.
I don't see any problem there.

** PLEASE HELP GUYS *** tell us about your success !!