xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Need Help On How To Flash Duo-x2 With 1.6b Bios  (Read 43 times)

Varung

• Archived User
Need Help On How To Flash Duo-x2 With 1.6b Bios
« on: November 29, 2004, 09:34:00 PM »

I have the Yoshihiro-m8-1.6B-Memory-Fixe-Beta4 bios,  how can I flash this bios on my Duo-x2 chip?
I have the chip in my 1.6A and I can boot to evoX, so I want to flash the other bank with the 1.6B fix.
what should I use to make a boot disc with the bios on it? or If I ftp the bios to my xbox can I flash the chip from there?
thanks for any help

Troed

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2004, 02:18:00 AM »

If your EvoX has "Flash BIOS" as a menu choice you just have to FTP the new bios over to c:\bios on your Xbox, then flick the switch on the DuoX2 (while the box is running) to select the other bank and flash. You can also, of course, flash the bank you've just booted from without changing the switch.

Varung

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2004, 03:17:00 AM »

QUOTE (Troed @ Nov 30 2004, 09:45 AM)
If your EvoX has "Flash BIOS" as a menu choice you just have to FTP the new bios over to c:\bios on your Xbox, then flick the switch on the DuoX2 (while the box is running) to select the other bank and flash. You can also, of course, flash the bank you've just booted from without changing the switch.

yes, I made a folder in C named it  bios and I placed the bios in there but my EvoX dosen't have the "Flash BIOS" as a menu choice.
I know I have to change or add somthing in the evox.ini but I am not sure what.
anyone know what to change in the ini to have "Flash BIOS" in the evox menu?
thanks

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2004, 08:29:00 AM »

In the evox ini where it says flash remove the # before it and save it back to the box.

hippo

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2004, 09:48:00 AM »

Also the menu choice is in the System Utils menu.

Also with the new flashbios3 you can http flash your cheapmod and browse from a selection from your LAN. Not really limited to having what you want in c:/bios although that option remains. Too bad the bios only flashes. I'd love linux right there in the optoions.

hippo

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2004, 09:50:00 AM »

Also the menu choice is in the System Utils menu.

Also with the new flashbios3 you can http flash your cheapmod and browse from a selection from your LAN. Not really limited to having what you want in c:/bios although that option remains. Too bad the bios only flashes. I'd love linux right there in the optoions.

Eno_Matrix

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2004, 10:26:00 AM »

Can you let me know if that bois is any good please as I too have the duox2 chip but my games hang in diffrent places all the time. I have tryed a few things like deleting the cach memory and selected no to IGR but this made no differance.