xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Aladdin Advance Xt Installation Tutorial  (Read 692 times)

Movation

• Archived User
Aladdin Advance Xt Installation Tutorial
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2004, 07:46:00 PM »

I am using the "super Aladdin Live" a XT lite clone with the winbond Flashchip "dab0" (I have noticed the 5v pin goes directly to the CPLD)  But I have not been able to flash them successfully (lock up @ 90% on erase, tested on Ver 1.1, 1.3 1.4 & 1.6) and cant get raincoat to recognise it.
When I drop in a SST, no problems at all flashing them even on a 1.6

Maseo

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2004, 01:44:00 AM »

QUOTE (Evil Ryu @ Nov 28 2004, 07:48 AM)
I haven't had any problems at all using XFlash v2 or using WinLPC & my external programmer.

HOw do you guys flash those chips then ?
with a LPC flasher ?

spum02

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2004, 08:16:00 PM »

Aladdin64: And for 1.6 consoles, there's no need for a LPC-rebuild so really the installation should be pretty straight forward.

is this true?? the 1.6 no longer needs the lpc rebuild? i've been away from the mod scence for a while, just gettin back to it.

also i have a v1.6 w/aladdin live i did back in august. my trace is cut, d0 on chip and Lframe spot are both grounded (the only way my subbornbox would work). ive never had any problems running it like this, but ive never left it on overnight. is this the safest always on method?

aladdin64

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2004, 03:10:00 AM »

Sorry, it was my mistake. Its supposed to say "For 1.0-1.5 boxes, there's no need for a LPC rebuild" but somehow it didnt sy that =)

I apologise again, my bad...

Regards

otherguy

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2004, 12:54:00 PM »

i've got afew - havn't bothered to use one yet though

spum02

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2004, 08:21:00 PM »

well when u do, please post somethin if you dont mind. you think it will be anytime soon. i'm lookin to order sometime this week. maybe i just had a bad experience, i eventually found out i had a bad chip, but i hated the lpc rebuild. so many things that could be wrong and i wasted a good amount of time redoin it when it was probally fine the first time, stupid chip. well at least it works now

appleguru

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2004, 07:35:00 AM »

Sweet tutorial!

Will including those pins you say to remove inn the pinheader install hurt the mod? If not, then they may be wise to leave in for future chip upgrade possibilities...

appleguru

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2004, 02:59:00 PM »

wink.gif) And leaving the rest will work fine?

joioi50

• Archived User
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2004, 04:28:00 AM »

dry.gif

joioi50

• Archived User
« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2004, 05:23:00 AM »

No, I have tried the working chip on 2 xboxes, boots fine on both(M8plus bios), then I tried 1 other chip on both xboxes it sometimes gives blank screen or it turns of after 0.5sec and makes a strange noice, well it's not fault in the soldering bcs one chip booted fine on both xboxes so yes, thats why I'm considering hotflash, all of my xboxes have samsung memory.

so my chip is called alladin advance xt it looks same as the xenochip pro, it also has the female pogo presoldered, can I use the always on tutorial with this chips?.

also I never cut the 4 pin it's pretty impossibel to cut now when it's soldered and all, but my other chip works when in both xboxes even as they both have  pin 4 soldered.

regards.

shimavak

• Archived User
« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2004, 06:03:00 AM »

I've been looking around and haven't found anyone who seems to know, so I thought I'd ask you guys.  What is the HD solder pad for?  I attempted soldering this to pin 39 on the IDE block, but I hadn't any video output to check it (damn cables haven't arrived yet).  I was definately getting different lights then I usually get, not FRAGing, but not what the Aladdin XT usually does either (in any of the three boot modes).

joioi50

• Archived User
« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2004, 07:26:00 AM »

now I tested the always enable method.. it's not helping, now the chip boots only sometimes and it's not flashing any longer I just get flash not possibel bla bla bla,
So I'll just talk with the guy I bought the chips from.. maybe it's possibel to autoflash the chips from cdrw???

ckh2004

• Archived User
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2004, 08:57:00 AM »

What is the HD solder pad for? I attempted soldering this to pin 39 on the IDE block, but I hadn't any video output to check it (damn cables haven't arrived yet). I was definately getting different lights then I usually get, not FRAGing, but not what the Aladdin XT usually does either (in any of the three boot modes).

Aladdin XT doesn't have IDE input or the equivalent of L2 for Aladdin Live or Super Live. Don't solder the HD point!

Only connect D0, BT and L1. For my Aladdin XT chips, I don't have to bridge the "X" point to the "D0" point on the chip, the chip will still enable on all v1.6. If yours can boot up without connecting the "X" point, then leave it alone.

DrMiNDLESS

• Archived User
« Reply #73 on: December 04, 2004, 06:55:00 PM »

Hi,

I've just been a little confused from all diffrent posts/diagrams on the aladdin xt install  blink.gif !..

from what i've gatherd, this is what i think i need to do on my 1.0..

Solder Male head pins onto xbox (cut off the ununsed ones)
wire D0, BT and L1 to modchip/mobo
place chip onto male headder pins (its got the female socket on the chip already)

am i right? since where i bought the chip from only had diagrams of the wires, none to do with the LPC...

also someone i read somewhere to connect D0 on chip to D0 on mobo, and ground BT - is that reccomended?

i dont usally like asking questions, but im really lost  unsure.gif

Devo2399

• Archived User
« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2004, 07:21:00 PM »

OK, I have a question for you guys.. I just installed 2 aladin XT's on 2 Crystal Xboxes (canadian) The first one had the whole no video problem so I flashed the bios and it worked. The second one seemed to install ok, again it had the no video thing and I went to flash the bios but it froze. Of course when I rebooted it didn't work. So I swapped out the modchip, but all i get is the power flashing green three times a few seconds apart and then it frags...and no video. So I removed the modchip comlpetly..and it still does it. Now it won't even load the stock bios... Any ideas? I checked the board for bridges adn such but found nothing...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8