xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Aladdin Advance Xt Installation Tutorial  (Read 693 times)

holyfrickster07

• Archived User
Aladdin Advance Xt Installation Tutorial
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2004, 07:26:00 PM »

ok i have a 1.0 xbox and i am installing an alladin xt but i want the enable and disable option,so i know you have to connect wires bt and l1 to resistors r3g2 nd r3g6 but i can't ifnd the r3g6  so what do i have to connect it to?

aladdin64

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2004, 04:27:00 AM »

I updated the tutorial with how to install a female pinheader onto the chip (For those of you who got the AladdinXT without pinheader).

Also added links to alternative BT and L1 solderpoints in the "Enable/Disable tutorial"..

Regards

$langer

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2004, 02:51:00 PM »

Here is my contribution, a picture of a v1.6 with the LCP rebuild and the alt BT and L1 points connected:

user posted image

full size image here: http://www.ece.uvic....altbtl1_lpc.jpg

I wired it up in a manner so that no wires crossed in order to avoid any signal interference that may occur (but probably won't  tongue.gif )  

Please note that this diagram does not show the complete install.  I conected a wire from the bottom LFRAME point to D0 on the modchip, but I do not want to be an advocate of this method since it could have damaging effects.  I hope to have a picture with a resistor installed but I am having some issues which are detailed in this thread: http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=312685

Thanks!

-$langer

aladdin64

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2004, 03:25:00 PM »

You can and should use the female to connect to the pinheader installed into the LPC-bus. And for 1.6 consoles, there's no need for a LPC-rebuild so really the installation should be pretty straight forward.

1. Solder the pinheader onto the LPC-bus
2. Solder BT L1 and D0 from the motherboard onto BT, L1 and D0 on the chip
3. Put the chip on the pinheader
4. Power on (by holding the button pressed for 1-2 seconds)

That should be it, good luck

*edit*
Thanks for the image $langer, I added it to the tutorial as an example of a nice, clean BT, L1 and LPC installation. Its in there now.
http://www.antonjarl.com/AladdinXT

Also updated the male pinheader image and added some red X's to make it more clear which header pins needs to be removed.
oh, and I updated (?) your stylesheet Bulan, I was just getting tired of that white background =)

Regards

$langer

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2004, 04:38:00 PM »

QUOTE (followthelight @ Nov 26 2004, 12:09 AM)
Nice clean job $langer. Is it ok to leave the tape on the mobo like that permantely or will it burn up onced the console is turned on?

Using tape is good for holding down loose wires and providing insulation.  No the tape will not burn when the console is powred on unless you do something stupid like taping up a heat sink tongue.gif

aladdin64: thanks for adding my pics to the tut, i'll try to get a resistor one for you later

-$langer

$langer

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2004, 07:04:00 PM »

Damn that's some bad news Evil Ryu.  Keep us posted on the situation  blink.gif

ckh2004

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2004, 08:52:00 PM »

Aladdin XT needs pin6 which is 5V VCC. Older Aladdins like Aladdin Advance 32/64/+ and Aladdin Live/Super Live don't need this pin.

That means Aladdin XT actually needs 9 connections out of the 12 pins pin header - pin 1,2,5,6,7,8,9,10 & 11.

Dansken

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2004, 01:08:00 AM »

QUOTE (Evil Ryu @ Nov 26 2004, 08:40 AM)
What exactly does the AladdinXT use the pin #6 for? I've never had a problem with the chip (minus these 1.6bs) and I've never used pin #6. Just wondering...

AFAIK pin #6 are 5V VCC for the LCD display, atleast on the AladdinXT 4064.

aladdin64

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2004, 01:30:00 AM »

Which pin would be #6? Is that the same as i called #7 in this post?

Regards

*EDIT*

Edited that picture, now it should be the correct numbers as everybody else uses. Please report to me if something is wrong.

Later

Dansken

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2004, 06:41:00 AM »

user posted image

aladdin64

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2004, 06:51:00 AM »

Thanks Dansken. I figured that out beforehand but its nice to get it confirmed =)

Evil Ryu: Any updates on that pin #6, and if its needed or not?
I will probably mod another 1.6 this weekend so i can try it out also and report my conclusions back.

Later all

Evil Ryu

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2004, 07:13:00 AM »

As far as I can see, it's not needed for the Aladdin XT unless you're using an LCD (according to Dansken). Like I said earlier, I haven't been using it and I haven't run into any problems other than those two v1.6bs.

Bulan

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2004, 08:28:00 AM »

QUOTE (aladdin64 @ Nov 26 2004, 12:28 AM)
oh, and I updated (?) your stylesheet Bulan, I was just getting tired of that white background =)

biggrin.gif
Thats fine... tongue.gif  just made it white to make it easier to print..
Have updated my mirrorsite with the latest stuff you added..

Also changed some imagesizes, and linked the big ones instead, just to be a bit more friendly to those w. low-bandwidth. Grab the updated on the site or mail/Pm me and I'll send a Zip for you..

Evil Ryu: got that new 1.6B working yet?

Evil Ryu

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2004, 06:45:00 AM »

Sometimes booting it using the eject tray will work - but not very often. After a little more reading, I'm starting to wonder if it's not a problem with the SST chips that the AladdinXTs are using. After reading this thread: http://forums.xbox-s...pic=309060&st=0, I'm wondering if the SST chips just are flashing properly. I dunno, but next time I get my hands on another v1.6b, I'll test this out (if the AladdinXT gives me the 'no audio/video' problem, I'll try swapping the SST chip with an older version one - using the same bios).

Dansken

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2004, 06:53:00 AM »

QUOTE (Evil Ryu @ Nov 27 2004, 04:48 PM)
Sometimes booting it using the eject tray will work - but not very often. After a little more reading, I'm starting to wonder if it's not a problem with the SST chips that the AladdinXTs are using. After reading this thread: http://forums.xbox-s...pic=309060&st=0, I'm wondering if the SST chips just are flashing properly. I dunno, but next time I get my hands on another v1.6b, I'll test this out (if the AladdinXT gives me the 'no audio/video' problem, I'll try swapping the SST chip with an older version one - using the same bios).

I have tried different SST chips from my old cheapmods, but it not help me out.
All my Aladdin XT have SST49LF020 33-4C-NH 0342133-A flashmemory.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8