xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Aladdin Advance Xt Installation Tutorial  (Read 696 times)

Dansken

• Archived User
Aladdin Advance Xt Installation Tutorial
« Reply #105 on: December 11, 2004, 02:42:00 PM »

Uploaded some new pics today of a complete lpc rebuild and ALT BT & L1 maybe unnecessary, but here it is:
http://w1.605.telia....r...T BT L1.jpg

Dansken

• Archived User
« Reply #106 on: December 11, 2004, 02:43:00 PM »

Uploaded some new pics today of a complete lpc rebuild and ALT BT & L1 maybe unnecessary, but here it is:
http://w1.605.telia....r...T BT L1.jpg

gamesun

• Archived User
« Reply #107 on: December 15, 2004, 04:38:00 PM »

Was wondering if it mattered which part of the lpc port you put the header in and if you needed to remove any pins for a 1.1 xbox.
Thanks in advance.

Evil Ryu

• Archived User
« Reply #108 on: December 15, 2004, 06:00:00 PM »

QUOTE (Firebaall @ Dec 15 2004, 04:00 AM)
Evil Ryu,

How did you make out with your 1.6B xboxes?  I'm asking, since I've finally got a few 1.6b units in.

Haven't had one come my way... I'm sure I'll be seeing one in the next while.

Firebaall

• Archived User
« Reply #109 on: December 17, 2004, 12:19:00 AM »

QUOTE (Evil Ryu @ Dec 16 2004, 02:03 AM)
Haven't had one come my way... I'm sure I'll be seeing one in the next while.

Had another 1.6b in yesterday.  The aladdin XT lites I have work fine so far.  I think you just have a lousy batch Evil....

Mine are original SST "A" chips, not remarked winbond hacked clones ( also from a very recent batch ).  I think I remember you saying that you had the non "A" SST chips.  I think the older Aladdin XT's don't make provisions for the 1.6b revisions of xboxes, and may never really work properly.

Word to the wise....

Double check with your reseller, and make sure the Aladdin XT/XT lites will work with the new 1.6b systems.

I see they have a new Xmas version on a white PCB board.  funky.

ckh2004

• Archived User
« Reply #110 on: December 17, 2004, 07:54:00 AM »

Thought I would share the good news...

Hey, Firebaall is right, indeed some of the newest Aladdin XT Lite clones do indeed contain the CPLD fix for the dreaded Evox M8+_1.6 + v1.6b (Hynix RAM) blank screen issue:

I just received two samples of the latest Aladdin XT Lites from robotpig.com for the v1.6b evaluaton. The purpose is to verify that the latest batch of Aladdin XT Lites from robotpig.com do indeed work with v1.6b as claimed by the manufacturer. The testing results are as follow:

1) The chips won't boot from the v1.6b directly, so I reflashed them with edited Evox M8+_1.6 bios on a v1.1. The same bios has proven to work on a Super Aladdin Live and the v1.6b. The SST 49LF020A have flash ID of "0xbf52" indicating that it is an authentic SST part and not a Winbond remarked clone.

2) The 2 chips were then tested on my "golden" (problematic) v1.6b. Hey, they seem to work 100%. Tried more than 10 power ups each and none of the
power ups gave the dreaded no video & sound (blank screen)!

The results are indeed very promising, at least very much better than my previous batch of Aladdin XT Lites with 49LF020A. Albeit I can only conclude based on just two samples. I will test more chips after my next order arrives...

jam9_secretagent

• Archived User
« Reply #111 on: December 22, 2004, 05:32:00 AM »

sorry guys i am kind of just budding in but this seemed the right place to ask this question so here it goes. I was reading up on your responses on page 3 which suggested a SAFE ALWAYS ON trick for the XT, now could the same thing be done for an ALLADIN LIVE chip where i cut the lframe?? If so then is there any need of connectind d0 to my chip or connecting d0 at all?

ckh2004

• Archived User
« Reply #112 on: December 22, 2004, 09:55:00 AM »

I was reading up on your responses on page 3 which suggested a SAFE ALWAYS ON trick for the XT, now could the same thing be done for an ALLADIN LIVE chip where i cut the lframe?? If so then is there any need of connectind d0 to my chip or connecting d0 at all?

First of all, the cutting of top LFRAME trace on the mb is only applicable to v1.6/v1.6b and not the earlier versions.

Yes, the same technique also applies to all mod chips, just like LPC rebuild is common to all v1.6 installs.

In addition, some mod chips require additional steps to enable:

Aladdin XT - short BT on chip to pin 2 of quicksolder area (GND) or connect BT and L1 to the same point

DuoX 2 - short BT on chip to pin 9 (3.3V)

Aladdin Live or Super Live - nothing to do smile.gif

jam9_secretagent

• Archived User
« Reply #113 on: December 22, 2004, 02:28:00 PM »

so basically i dont need the d0 point once i do the lframe?

and one more question when i m soldering the pin header to the mobo do i solder all 9 points to the LPC or only 4?

ckh2004

• Archived User
« Reply #114 on: December 22, 2004, 03:44:00 PM »

so basically i dont need the d0 point once i do the lframe?

Yes, once you cut the top LFRAME trace on mb, you don't need to connect D0 on mod chip. The xbox will always attempt to boot from mod chip.

and one more question when i m soldering the pin header to the mobo do i solder all 9 points to the LPC or only 4?

Get a full 12-pin male pin header, remove pin 4 (you have to do that for v1.0-1.5 anyway), then solder the male pin header to the LPC port on mb. Then do the full LPC rebuild by following SmartXX guide. Ignore LFRAME/D0 connection in this case.

Plug in the Aladdin chip with the female pin header. That is all for Aladdin Live / Super Live smile.gif

Dangerously_Cheesy

• Archived User
« Reply #115 on: February 20, 2005, 01:03:00 AM »

Can I get a wire/quicksolder tutorial for the Aladdin XT on a v1.0-1.5??? Much appreciated smile.gif
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]